Consultance – Banques Multilatérales de Développement et Santé Mondiale, Afrique, Amérique, Europe.
Global Health Advocates (GHA) is a French NGO whose mission is to carry out political advocacy in France and with the EU institutions to ensure policies and resources are effectively addressing health inequalities. Created in 2001, GHA was born out of a collective effort to eliminate three poverty-related diseases. At the French level, GHA works to ensure Official Development Assistance (ODA) is increased and that access to health is a priority in French development policies. At EU level, GHA develops recommendations on EU research, health, and development budgets and policies that have the potential to help the world reach equitable access to health.
Content of the report:
- The research will be an analysis of the role of multilateral development banks, before and during the Covid-19 pandemic, in the sector of global health;
- The research will identify limits and risks of the involvement of international financial institutions and multilateral development banks in health care and health services and their role in increasing access to health care to vulnerable populations.
- The analysis will also be an opportunity to identify domains in which multilateral development banks can have a real added value in terms of development funding, especially in global health.
- Finally, in view of the launch of the first calls for proposal and selection of projects and implementing partners for the Pandemic Fund, the analysis will contain a set of recommendations on the role multilateral development banks should play in global health, which should be taken into account by the international community in order to guarantee that MDBs effectively contribute to strengthening universal, equitable and affordable access to health care.
- Draft report and recommendations;
- Transcript of conducted of semi-structured interviews.
- Literature review and study of available documentation regarding the role of multilateral development banks (MDBs) in global health;
- Preparation and conduction of interviews with key informants on questions of our research;
- Identification of research and similar recommendations on the role of multilateral development banks on the access to other essentials rights (water, education, nutrition, etc).
Main tasks include:
- Literature review;
- Propose key informants, draft questions and perform interviews (transcriptions should be made available);
- Draft of a report (10 pages max) summarising main findings;
- Convene a strategic brainstorming on key recommendations with GHA policy team based on the analysis;
- Draft 1-page recommendations.
CONSULTANT PROFILE – Experience and skills required:
- Good writing skills;
- Good knowledge of the international solidarity fields, of the Global Health landscape and of the Bretton woods institutions.
Formation and experience:
- University diploma in law, international relations, international development, humanitarian action of public health;
- Professional experience in international solidarity, development or global health sectors.
Timeframe & budget: Starting in early March and finishing end of March for a total of up to 6000€ (including all taxes) for at least 12 days. Applicants are required to propose a planning and budget to conduct the consultancy.
Application process: Interested candidates are invited to send their applications to [email protected] along with the following:
- Cover letter indicating interest and past experiences from similar projects;
- Foreseen planning and budget proposal;
- An updated CV or Company profile with references.
Applications should be submitted by 22 February 2023.