Palladium is looking for Coordinator – COVID 19 Consultant
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium implements the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ strengthens health systems through evidence-informed policies, sustainable health financing, improved governance, and leadership and advocacy toward Sustainable Development Goals. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems. Its efforts emphasize voluntary, rights-based health programs, and strengthening in-country partners’ capacity in policy, advocacy, governance, and finance. To date, HP+ has worked in 46 countries, helped mobilize US$1 billion in additional investments in health services, collaborated with more than 1,140 partner organizations, and contributed to the development, adoption, or strengthening of more than 115 policies, operational strategies, and legal and regulatory frameworks.
Project Overview and Role:
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. With USAID’s support, the HP+ project is undertaking efforts in El Salvador and other countries to help governments and stakeholders respond more efficiently and effectively to COVID-19. In El Salvador, HP+ is seeking a dedicated, seasoned consultant to work as part of an international team to help manage, document, and advance capacity strengthening activities related to the COVID-19 response.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH), local partners and HP+ Activity, the consultant will undertake the following activities to strengthen case management in target countries in relation to COVID-19 Pandemic:
Provide management, oversight, and coordination for HP+’s COVID-19 country response activities, including in country staff management
Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with MOH and related government entities as well as international and local partners.
Work closely with HQ HP+ management and technical staff to enhance implementation of country activities.
Help source or advise on technical assistance providers in technical areas.
Identify areas of upcoming need and work with team to pivot accordingly. Facilitate quick problem-solving with any bottlenecks that might emerge.
Facilitate weekly reporting to USAID on progress of activities.
Ensure quality and timeliness of work, and technical products and reports.
Assist with monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities as appropriate.
- Background in training health care workers and/or community workers is desired.
- At least ten years’ experience managing health programs or projects or working with the Ministry of Health in El Salvador.
- Preferred advanced degree in Public Health, Public Administration and Management, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to work with MoH officials and staff members
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to use an array of virtual platforms for communication.
- Excellent communication and facilitation capabilities, with the ability to work alone as well as with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience dealing with international donors a plus.
- Comfortable with a rapid pace of work preferred.
- Must be currently residing in El Salvador
- Competency in Spanish must be at the level of a Native speaker.
- Preference of a Spanish speaker who is also able to speak English.
To submit your application, please email the following documentation to [email protected]
- Desired daily rate