Avis de recrutement : Agence internationale de l’énergie atomique (AIEA) recherche d’un(e) Technicien(ne) de soutien informatique, Australie.
The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA’s ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.The Client Services Section (CSS) is responsible for setting standards, providing first and second level support of the IAEA’s desktop computing environment, delivery of the IAEA’s IT training programme and promoting client oriented services. It designs, manages and implements desktop services, including their architecture, processes and policies to meet current and future business requirements. It aims at achieving the delivery of agreed levels of services to clients in compliance with best practices defined by international standards, in particular ITIL.
Under the Supervision of the Head of the Service Delivery Unit, Client Services Section , the IT Support Technician provides support for the maintenance, installation, configuration, repair, and removal of hardware and software items, and follows up and resolve incidents received by the MTIT Service desk. He/she provides efficient support to clients in the utilization of IAEA’s information systems resources and ensures that issues reported are logged and addressed. The IT Support Technician is responsible for first level support related to regular maintenance of end user systems and software, such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices and other multifunctional devices. The IT Support Technician provides first level support for the ERP System, Agency-Wide Information System for Programme Support (AIPS).
Functions / Key Results Expected
Act as point of contact for responding, resolving, and tracking all incidents and service calls received by the MTIT Service desk. Manage calls (incidents and service requests) received by logging it to the online system, prioritize and monitor until completion.
Respond and solve incidents/service requests including troubleshooting, installation, and removal of hardware/software using supplied installation instructions and tools, following agreed testing and implementation standards. Deploy new or upgraded desktops, laptops or core application images.
A support agent providing first level support, addressing ERP related incidents, issues and requests.
Contribute to the development and implementation of ERP user support and training modules and manuals.
Deploy, test and support IAEA’s standard desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices and all other peripherals including supply of consumables. Develop and/or enhance installation and configuration procedures as well as documentation.
Assist with resolving problems (e.g. poor performance) and faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software – especially those requiring greater installation expertise.
Conduct tests of hardware and/or software using test procedures and diagnostic tools; correct malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources as required, documenting results in accordance with agreed procedures.
Maintain IT equipment in meeting rooms, training rooms and conference centre.
Troubleshoot issues related to LAN network and wireless network.
Participate in projects, including implementation of hardware and software tools and systems.
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- Completed secondary school, post-secondary training/diploma in computer sciences is desirable.
- Minimum of five years of relevant working experience providing IT support to ERP (Oracle) users as well as IT support to end users in the LAN environment.
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with end user device software and hardware.
- Technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Windows 10, O365, and Office 2016 as well as other related software is desirable.
- Strong IT Service Desk related experience with ability to deal with established deadlines and priorities.
- Knowledge and experience in emerging technologies such as cloud computing, mobile device management is an advantage.
- Organizing skills: Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, act pro-actively, meet deadlines, adapt to changing demands and multitasking.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
- Administrative skills testing to IAEA standard might be part of the selection process.
Application cosing date : March 13th, 2023