Appel à candidature : Recrutement d’un(e) Assistant(e) conseiller(ère) local(e) en sécurité, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Job Purpose :
Burkina Faso is facing the worst security and humanitarian crisis in its history, with at least 3.5 million people in need of humanitarian assistance. Since 2018, more than 1.85 million people have been internally displaced, or 9% of the population. You will play a vital role in ensuring that our humanitarian program is built on sound evidence, considering state-of-the-art research and innovative practices. You will also help ensure that technical assistance provided by UNFPA in Burkina Faso is relevant, appropriate, and adapted to the multi-layered needs of the country, including in humanitarian situations. You will therefore need to build close relationships with stakeholders and networks to identify best practices, including through south-to-south cooperation modalities.
The contribution of the LSA will be decisive for the proper functioning of the UNDSS Office in particular and the management of UNS security (personnel, premises, equipment and missions) in the country or region of responsibility in general.
Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values – Professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
The term “competencies” refers to the set of skills, qualities and types of behavior that directly influence effectiveness in the performance of tasks.
Planning and Organization
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate and follow own work plan with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situations.
- Availability to travel within area of responsibility.
- Ability to actively seek to improve services, to offer new and different options for solving problems and meeting clients’ needs, to promote and persuade others to consider new ideas.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to listen and work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Proven ability to express oneself clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing. Good communication skills (verbal and written).
Qualifications and Experiences
BAC+3 or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the security field, preferably in a military or police context or other equivalent field of work.
- Previous experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable but not required.
- Fluency in written and spoken French is required.
- Working knowledge of English is an asset.
- Proficiency in at least one national language of your duty station is desirable.
Other necessary skills
- Knowledge and experience in the use of HF and VHF radios;
- Experience in security, protection and information in a diplomatic environment is desirable but not required;
- Knowledge of host country laws and security measures;
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point);
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive 4 x 4 vehicles;
- Ability to travel;
- Good physical condition.
Application deadline : February 15th, 2023