Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. However, these are often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. In addition, it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. Moreover, we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Job Description :
||Administrative and Logistics Assistant-PU
|Department & Location
||Humanitarian Response – Disaster Risk Management based in Kumba
|Reports to (position):
|| Administrative Coordinator
|Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
||To ensure effective and efficient support for office related activities towards implementation of the country’s program. Specifically in: asset management, logistical planning and distribution facilitation
Dimensions of Role :
- Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports ;
- Area of Responsibility – SW.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position :
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success :
- Give support for the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the emergency response and local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times ;
- Prepares Offers for Bids in accordance with the bidding guidelines and coordinates activities of selection committee ;
- Prepare the canvass report for the review of the supervisor ;
- Prepare regular requisitions for gas/oil, repairs and maintenance of vehicles, distribution of supplies, equipment and fixed asset as well as other clerical and administrative services such as photo-developing/copying, security services and housekeeping ;
- Ensure the effective management of store to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of store ;
- Follow-up with the driver the vehicle maintenance ;
- Review the vehicle log book weekly for a proper follow-up of the driver movement ;
- Prepare the fuel analysis ;
- Responsible for providing secretarial support to the office including :
- Ensuring that there is a proper filing system for incoming and outgoing mails and other documents for the core management ;
- Ensuring that the appointments are properly organized ;
- Circulates routine information to all staff.
- Maintain the control of petty cash ;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems :
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them :
- Understands administrative requirements as per the FOB and other policies and procedures and provides required services to staff ;
- Exhibit a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties ;
- Works with minimum supervision ;
- Refers all final decision making to the supervisor.
Communications and Working Relationships :
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact :
- Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipments, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure Plan receives value for money ;
- Maintains a high contact with all Program Unit staff to receive and process requests for administrative services ;
- Maintains medium contact with staff from the Country Office to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to administration related issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives :
Gained through education, training, & experience :
Qualification and Experience :
- University Degree or Two years University Certificate (e.i BTS- DEUG) ;
- Minimum two years experience of purchasing, maintaining inventories and materials ;
- Computer skills ;
- Ability to use general office equipment such photocopiers, printers etc…;
- Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage.
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role :
- Planning and organizing abilities ;
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties ;
- Ability to inter-face with staff visitors and partners at all levels ;
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism ;
- High sense of judgment and responsibility ;
- High safety awareness level of area of operation ;
- Good team player.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice :
- Good communication and ICT skills ;
- Good inter-personal skills ;
- Good client/customer relations ;
- Good writing and reporting skills ;
- Good negotiation skills ;
- Strong team player ;
- High level of discretion ;
- Planning & organizing.
Physical Environment and Demands : May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
Travel requirements : This position requires 5% of travel time within Cameroon and 95% of the time on office related activities.
Level of Contact with Children :
Low contact : No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact : Occasional interaction with children
High level : Frequent interaction with children
Low contact- the job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have any one-to-one contact with children on a daily basis. There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Next step :
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply here“. Your application should include:
- A cover letter ;
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor ;
- Location : Bamenda/Buea/Kumba – CAMEROON ;
- Closing date : May 19th, 2020