Plan International recrute un responsable des ressources humaines et du développement organisationnel, Yaoundé, Cameroun
Location : Yaounde, CE, CM
Company : Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Role profile :
Title : Human Resources and Organisational Development Manager
Functional Area : Country Office
Reports to : Country Director
Location : Cameroon
Travel Requuirement : 30%
Grade : E
Plan overview :
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination, and it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crisis and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
We seek to hire a dynamic and results-oriented person to fill the position of COUNTRY HUMAN RESOURCE AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER.
Role purpose :
The Country Human Resource and Organizational Development Manager is ultimately responsible for the implementation of Plan International’s global Human Resource Strategy contextualized to the local conditions and ensure the achievement of Plan International Cameroon business strategy through excellent people management practices. The Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager supports the Transformation process taking place at Plan International Cameroon by ensuring that the right structures are in place, staffed with the right people in the right positions. The Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager is also responsible for ensuring continuous excellence in Human Ressources by promoting the appropriate Job Profiles and compensation packages to attract the required skills and the right caliber of professionals.
The Country Human Resource Manager is a member of the Country Management Team.
Dimensions of the role :
Human Resources leadership, strategic direction for the HROD functions within the country, promotion of transparency and accountability in all management aspects. Subject matter expert on Plan International Cameroon Policies and Procedures related to Human Resources Management and Cameroonian Labour law.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy, including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures ;
- Commitment to ensuring Plan International’s feminist leadership agenda is built into all aspects of the organization’s operations and delivery ;
- Provide strategic HR input into the development of Country Strategy (CS), taking an overview of the HR strategies within this to ensure that they incorporate effective workforce planning tools and are aligned to Global HR strategy ;
- Drive operational excellence in line with Plan’s strategy and focuses on meeting customer needs and delivery of the agreed services at high quality, on time and within budget ;
- Risks presented by context are managed to provide maximum prevention (information and training available to improve staff skills and resilience, advisory packs produced and revised regularly for all visitors, incident reporting on all risk issues set up and managed, etc.) ;
- Analyze and develop an efficient workforce in alignment with organizational strategy ;
- Develop and continuous improvement of onboarding processes, adapted to both development and emergencies contexts ;
- Develop staff career planning strategies ;
- Develop and structure staff succession planning, based on Country Office needs and by local laws (preparation for retirement) ;
- Develop an annual budget taking into account the diverse funding streams ;
- Ensure that employee’s benefits packages are optimized, ensuring value for money (salaries, insurance, rewards, etc.).
Supporting Change Management :
- Promote the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures ;
- Ensure that Plan International Cameroon maximizes employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. A key expectation is to engage Management and staff to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, return on investment and the achievement of results and outcomes ;
- Assist and coach senior managers in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor ;
- Support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans ;
- Develop and implement a structured methodology and lead HR-related change management activities ;
- Support the design, development, delivery, and management of effective change communications ;
- Assess the change impact and conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders ;
- Complete change management assessments ;
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics ;
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance manage ment plan ;
- Create actionable deliverables in line with gender transformation ;
- Support organizational structure design and definition of roles and responsibilities ;
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress ;
- Play a key role in ensuring change initiatives across functional/departmental units meet objectives on time and budget by increasing employee engagement, adoption, and usage ;
- Liaise with the Regional HROD Partner on matters of methodology, use of tools, quality of work, and capacity building implications with regional and federation-wide change.
HR Management, Development & Performance Management :
- Provide coaching and advice to Managers and Supervisors on all HR issues, promoting fairness and transparency in the handling of people management practices, including whistleblowing, disciplinary actions, and grievances to maintain consistency and fairness within the organization ;
- Support managers and staff in implementing the Plan Employee Appraisal process. Track progress, and maintain statistical data on results to support attainment of organizational objectives and improve staff performance ;
- Participate fully in local NGO or multi-sector HR networks and ensure that learning/best practices are shared and utilized in the day to day country HR work for improvement in the function ;
- Analyze the national compensation and benefits practices and suggest key actions that will keep Plan International Cameroon competitive ;
- Conduct assessment to ensure staff performance at the country level is in line with the global strategy and indicators embracing our 100 million reasons strategy ;
- Ensure staff rewards are paid in a fair and consistent way in accordance with local market competition, Plan’s values and the provision of labor law (salary system kept in line with Plan’s global reward framework, salary, and benefits reviews based on analysis of salary survey results, etc.) ;
- Act as an internal advisor on all projects/initiatives with a compensation & benefits impact ;
- Set local standards for end-to-end recruitment and selection processes to ensure that diversity and inclusion is promoted, adopted and embraced ;
- Support the continuous reinforcement of the Global Plan International Purpose Statement and Values-Based Framework.
Accountabilities and key relationships :
- An excellent team is planned and resourced for maximum impact on program quality (HR strategic planning, workforce planning, review of organization structure, roles and competency requirements and standardized job descriptions for each position, timely and fair recruitment processes, etc.) ;
- Provide thought leadership and ensure linkage to performance management, talent selection, and learning ;
- Organize annual talent forum to review annual appraisal outcomes ;
- Prepare annual calendar cycle of sequential staff development meetings at the country level ;
- Develop learning & development guidelines. Develop and coordinate the implementation of the annual learning and development operational plan ;
- Ensure delivery of coordinated staff and leadership development processes across the country program ;
- On-boarding/Induction/Orientation: staffs joining Plan International Cameroon are adequately informed about the organization, its strategies and the purpose of their role in the fulfillment of the country strategy (preparation of materials and events for on-boarding/induction/orientation, effective and practical training/development support for individuals and general needs, etc.) ;
- Partner on a strategic level with the Country Leadership Team to strengthen staff development and capacity building aspects of Plan International Cameroon development programs; by providing subject matter expertise and technical guidance and counsel to the heads of functions//units ;
- Develop initiatives to improve retention ;
- Provide leadership in managing all staff exit process ;
- Advice and counsel the Country Leadership Team (CLT) on HR-related issues and strategic human resources management and participate fully at the CLT ;
- Organize periodic HR management skills workshops for mid-management ;
- Update and finalize Plan International Cameroon’s local policies when due for review ;
- Effect any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge :
- At least 10 years relevant working experience ;
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration or equivalent with a Diploma in Human Resources management required ;
- Experience in Change Management Processes an essential asset ;
- Experience in building capacity of senior management for change leadership ;
- Experience in organizational development to support leadership development, an advantage ;
- First-hand experience and knowledge of working in development sectors in Cameroon ;
- Experience in training design and delivery of capacity building packages, an asset ;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Cameroon Labor Law, a definite requirement.
Skills & Behaviours :
- Excellent writing and speaking skills, in English and French ;
- Proven expertise in the full range of general HR needs including workforce planning, data management, recruitment, payroll, HR systems, and employee relations, are essentials ;
- Experience in SAGE payroll system ;
- Skills in supporting strategic planning and human resourcing requirements ;
- Communication – excellent negotiation and influencing skills ;
- Actively drives performance forward in the areas of the business for which they are responsible ;
- Involves others in setting and achieving goals ;
- Creates a strong sense of purpose within own part of the business and with stakeholders ;
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviors ;
- Makes a substantial contribution to broader strategy ;
- Sees own participation in the organization and the broader Plan International and external contexts ;
- Balances future vision with practical delivery ;
- Able to identify and manage risks to the organization ;
- Effective communicator ;
- Cross-culturally apt ;
- Acts as a team player, willing to get the best outcome overall, adjusting own priorities if necessary ;
- Creates and delivers results in complex partnerships, keeping critical stakeholders on board ;
- Sets an influential learning culture within the organization ;
- Uses opportunities across Plan to develop others ;
- Remains calm and positive under pressure and in stressful situations ;
- Leads significant change while keeping staff and stakeholders on board.
General accountability :
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy; including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed following the appropriate procedures.
Ensure staff understands Plan International’s commitment to driving a feminist agenda within the organization, and the ambition for gender equality and gender transformative leadership is embedded in our Values-Based Leadership Framework.
How to apply :
Please read the requirements and qualifications carefully. This is a local position, qualified Cameroonian Nationals, especially female candidates, are encouraged to apply. Plan International Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equity, and our recruitment procedure reflects this. Selected applicants are expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the link provided in the advert, not later than May 28th, 2020 :
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as a summary of job responsibilities ;
- Cover letter (indicating the position applied for) ;
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification ;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) References (work-related), especially of the last employer ;
- Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE ROLE. DO NOT RE-APPLY IF YOU PREVIOUSLY DID.
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply”. Your application should include :
- A cover letter ;
- A comprehensive CV including details of three referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor.
Closing date : 12th August 2020.
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
All applications must be submitted ONLINE at : Apply here