Type de contrat : CDD renouvelable
Lieu : Yaoundé
Expérience : 3-5 ans
The BioInnovation Project started its activities in Cameroon on the 1st January 2020 for a period of 21/2 years (01.01.2020-30.06.2022). The objective of the project is to ensure that European-African cooperation for biodiversity-based innovations and products based on fair and equitable benefit sharing for biodiversity is developed.For the effective implementation of activities, BioInnovation Project (BIA) of GIZ Cameroon, needs the services of an Administrative and Financial Assistant located in the coordination office of ProFE in Yaounde.
Responsibility and task :
The Administrative and Financial Assistant oversees the following tasks within the BioInnovation Project :
a- Organization of the workshops :
- Establish and maintain a database of establishments (hotels, meeting rooms etc.) and update it with the BRY ;
- Book hotels and meeting rooms ;
- Drawing up orders and contracts relating to the logistical organisation of the workshops ;
- Manage logistics and financial aspects on site ;
- Track payment of workshop invoices ;
- Drawing up workshop accounts and monitoring all related receivables/payables ;
- Establish workshop statistics ;
- To be the resource person for the good organization of the workshops at the program level.
b- Logistical organization of missions within Cameroon and abroad :
- Provide travellers with a checklist for the preparation of the mission ;
- Support the preparation of files for the visa application (documentation, appointments with Embassies etc.) ;
- Booking and purchasing air or train tickets within the country ;
- Establishing LDAs for international air tickets ;
- Visitor Management Service in Cameroon ;
- Track receivables/payables from international travel and airline tickets.
c- Purchasing :
- Insure purchases on the spot except for vehicle requirements according to PuR ;
- Manage procurement and other purchasing files ;
- Collect purchase requirements for operation within the program to make a quarterly order ;
- Drawing up purchase orders / purchases.
e- Finance and accounting :
- Assists in preparing the component’s estimated budget ;
- Assists in tracking expenditures against the budget ;
- Provides monthly accounting and financial management forecasts ;
- Assumes responsibility for financial management, including, for example, requisitioning funds, cash bookkeeping, bank accounts, processing and entering receipts ;
- Verifies staff members’ travel expense statements before submission for signature to the line manager ;
- Issues cash withdrawals for supported activities ;
- Carries out unannounced checks on the accounting of partners supported by the component in the context of local contracts ;
- Verifies requests for withdrawal of funds by supported partners before validation ;
- Verifies the component’s accounts.
d- Other duties :
- Filing the documentation of the files physically and electronically in charge ;
- Participate in the administration and finance meetings of the ProPFE and MS activities ;
- Supporting other tasks and activities as directed by the supervisor ;
- Partially replace the Contract Manager ;
- Supporting the administrative needs of the BioInnovation Project.
Qualification, experience and competence needed :
- Minimum qualification : Bachelor degree in the domains of Accounting, Enterprise management, Economics or management ;
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position ;
- Good knowledge of computer tools, Windows environment, office package software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook …) accounting software (WINPACCS, CASHBOOK) would be an asset and telecommunication tools (Photocopier, e-mail etc.) ;
- Being able to work under pressure and in a multicultural team ;
- Developed awareness of service delivery and the principle of integrity ;
- Good sense of organization and respect of deadlines and rigor ;
- Mastery of the English language and a working knowledge of French. German would be an added advantage.
Expected starting date : 15.09.2020
Assignment Period : 2 years renewable
Place of employment : Yaoundé
Closing date : August 8, 2020
Internal Classification : Administrative Band 2, Reports to Programme Manager
Application submission : Interested and suitable applicants should forward their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (maxi 2 pages), a one-page cover letter addressing the applicant’s motivation and three (3) professional references.
Application are only received via the GIZ-CM online recruitment platform : https://gizkamerun.jobs.net
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Important note: Recruitment at GIZ is not subject to any fees nor mediation. Any fraudulent information detected will result in the elimination of the application of the current and future recruitment process. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful files will be destroyed six months after the date of publication.