Stages : PNUD recherche un(e) Stagiaire en politique et recherche en Chine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the Policy and Research team to collect, compile, collate and analyze data, in particular on socio-economic policies, rural development, climate and environment issues, energy transition and green development, human development index and report, SDG finance and development cooperation related topics.
- Support as well as compilation, analysis and interpretation of knowledge products, providing thorough research of the policy and development issues in the country.
- Assist preparing policy briefs.
- Assist the coordination of publication launch events, missions and policy dialogues.
- Advocate and support the localization of the SDGs through research, preparing presentations and by participating in relevant forums, conferences and trainings, and take notes.
- A.O.B as assigned.
- Interest in development;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to manage diverse and complex tasks, with tight deadlines;
- Value the equal importance of research and administrative tasks;
- Ability to manage coordination and logistic tasks with minimum supervision.
- Familiarity with knowledge management and learning;
- Ability to provide high quality policy notes, briefs on thematic topics;
- Sound writing and data management skills;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
Field of study: International development, Economics, Social Sciences, International relations, Climate science, Environmental studies, Business and Management, or equivalent.
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Enrolled in a Master’s or in a PhD programme;
- In the final year of a Bachelor’s programme;
- Or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme,
- Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Language and Skills
Excellent written and spoken Chinese and English language.
Closing date : February 10th, 2023