Avis d’appel à candidature : La BAD recrute un(e) Responsable principal des investissements dans les énergies renouvelables à Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
The Principal Renewable Energy Investment Officer (Equity) will support and assist across a range of activities linked to the origination, financial structuring, and implementation of renewable energy investments – with a focus on equity and quasi-equity instruments – and support the implementation of SEFA private sector activities and initiatives. The job holder will focus on (i) the identification, appraisal, and implementation of renewable energy projects or initiatives, such as corporate platforms, equity and debt funds; (ii) leadership and/or support to the implementation of SEFA blended finance transactions; and (iii) portfolio management of projects and fund investments under the responsibility of PERN and SEFA; and (iv) support to any other priorities assigned by management.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Division Manager – Renewable Energy Funds, the Principal Renewable Energy Investment Officer will perform the following:
- Support the identification and development of a robust investment pipeline, with a focus of financial intermediaries in the equity and debt space covering both grid-connected and decentralized renewable energy projects.
- Lead the preparation, due diligence/appraisal, negotiation/closing, and supervision of renewable energy investments, with a focus on equity and quasi-equity instruments.
- Develop innovative financial structures for complex transactions, including through the blending of concessional/climate capital with commercial funding.
- Support the development of financial solutions and instruments to overcome identified bottlenecks to the scale-up of renewable energy in Africa.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, especially regional renewable energy and energy access developers and sponsors, utilities, corporates, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Supervise existing portfolio of investments in closed-ended equity and debt funds, ensuring strong synergies with Bank activities at the country and project levels, including co-financing opportunities.
- Lead/Participate and manage project teams, mentor and develop junior staff, advise management, share knowledge and ideas, to ensure strong and effective internal cooperation and delivery of results.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Division Manager or Director.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge)
- At least a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering, Energy and a professional qualification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or related subjects.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years professional experience at project level, broad knowledge of various energy sub-sectors, including renewable energy technologies and business models.
- Deal structuring and closing experience with investing through intermediaries, notably private equity funds, debt funds and commercial Banks.
- Experience in Multilateral or Development Bank / Development Financial Institutions operations, preferably in an African context (added advantage).
- Experience in climate finance mobilization and blended finance structures and solutions.
- Full knowledge of the principles of project cycle management and project implementation;
- Strong interpersonal and client orientation skills, with proven experience in building and managing teams.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Apply for this position
1- Regular Staff
If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
2- External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.
Closing Date: 03-March-2023