REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
“BUSINESS SOLUTION ARCHITECT”
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
Avenue Joseph Anoma, 01 B.P. 1387, Abidjan, CÔTE d’IVOIRE
Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS)
E-mail : [email protected]
Telephone : (+225) 20 26 22 61/ (+225) 20 26 25 83
The African Development Bank hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment : “BUSINESS SOLUTION ARCHITECT”.
The Business Solution Architect analyzes the activities of a business unit or line of business and makes recommendations pertaining to the projects that the business unit should perform, in addition to relevant and timely corrections to the governance structure, business processes, and the structure of business information. This person illustrates the alignment (or lack thereof) between strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus of this person’s work includes the analysis of business motivations and business operations, using business analysis frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together. The Business Solution Architect works to develop an integrated view of the business unit, in the context of the enterprise, using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques. In addition, the Business Solution Architect may provide direct input into the governance cycle for the funding, oversight, and realization of business projects. In that governance role, the business solution architect helps to ensure that business and IT projects are aligned to support the achievement of key goals that specific business scenarios are considered, and that business value is delivered.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES :
- Review, analyze, evaluate ideas, projects and opportunities to develop new technologies and business models for the business segments ;
- Develop a business architecture strategy for the business unit based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations ;
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit in the context of the enterprise ;
- Collaborate across business segments to both find opportunities for and showcase ideas in the Innovation and emerging business pipeline ;
- Create business architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems interoperate within the organization ;
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement ;
- Ensure solutions developed across organization are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits) ;
- Capture the tactical and strategic business goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance ;
- Describe the primary business functions of the assigned business unit in the context of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions ;
- Enumerate, analyze, catalog, and suggest improvements to the strategic, core and support processes of the business unit, as needed, to support strategic and operational goals ;
- Define the data elements shared between this business unit and other units in the enterprise and the relationships between those data elements and processes, people, systems, and other data elements ;
- Enumerate, analyze, and suggest improvements to the structural relationships of the business. This requires the creation and maintenance of an ongoing model of roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the interplay between these units in various business processes, materials, people, and systems.
PROFILE OF THE CONSULTANT :
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance ;
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies. Those issues may exist in role alignment, process gaps and overlaps, and business capability maturity gaps ;
- The ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges ;
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues The ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture ;
- Experience developing and using these high-level models as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business ;
- Extensive experience planning and deploying either business or IT initiatives (preference for both) ;
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques ;
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations ;
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information in suitably accurate models between the business unit and their counterparts within Information Technology. The scope of this information includes business requirements, data constraints, business rules, models of strategy and motivation, processes, accountabilities, and many other business and IT operational needs ;
- Must be a Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented ;
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities ;
- MBA or master’s degree Preferred ;
- 7+ years of IT experience, with preferably a good knowledge of SAP 4/Hana and Microsoft technologies.
The Corporate Information Technology Services Department (CHIS) invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services. Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this Assignment (CV, reference to similar services, experience in similar assignments, etc.).
The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedures shall be in conformity with the Bank’s procedures for the acquisition of consulting services funded by the administrative or capital expenditure. Please, note that interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
The estimated duration of services is six (06) months (renewable once upon satisfactory work) and the estimated starting date is 01 July 2020.
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: from 08:00 to 17:00 hours, Abidjan Local Time.
Expressions of interest must be received by email at the address below no later than Monday, 18 May 2020 at 17:00 hours, Abidjan local time and specifically mentioning “Business Solution Architect”.
For the attention of : IT Recruitment Team African Development Bank
Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS) Avenue Joseph Anoma, 01 B.P. 1387, Abidjan, CÔTE d’IVOIRE
Tel : (+225) 20 26 22 61
Email : [email protected]
- ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SHORT LIST
A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end the request of expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria on the basis of their updated resume.
||Level of education in general
||Educational level compared to the field of mission
||Years of experience in general
||Number of years of experience relevant to the mission