Recrutement d’un assistant de recherche / Assistant de recherche senior, Caire, Egypt
|Position Title :
||Research Assistant/Senior Research Assistant
||Appointment Duration :
|Position Code :
||Position Type :
|Recruitment Type :
||US FLSA Status :
|Application Deadline :
||Open until filled
Job Summary :
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Research Assistant (RA) or a Senior Research Assistant (SRA) for a one-year, renewable appointment in its Egypt Office. The successful candidate will work with senior research staff in the analysis of agriculture and agricultural policies and other research support activities related to IFPRI’s work in the Middle East and North Africa region.
The position is based at IFPRI’s Egypt office located in Cairo. The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the IFPRI Egypt Program Leader, but will be employed directly by IFPRI’s organizational host in Egypt, the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Area (ICARDA). The employer of record will be ICARDA and employment policies, compensation and benefits of ICARDA will apply to this position. The final position title will be determined based on the candidate’s level of experience. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Egypt.
Essential Duties :
Specific Duties include but are not limited to :
- Support the collection of agricultural and agriculture-related data ;
- Build large dataset from multiple sources ;
- Analyze data using advance econometric methods ;
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesis ;
- Assist in drafting reports and research papers ;
- Assist in capacity building ;
- Coordinate projects and support outreach activities ;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At the Research Assistant level, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics or closely related fields ;
- At the Senior Research Assistant level, Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics or closely related fields plus a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in academia, the private sector, a development-oriented organization or comparable institution in the area of impact evaluation, ideally with a focus on agriculture ;
- Excellent knowledge of microeconomic theory and quantitative econometric methods ;
- Excellent knowledge of STATA ;
- Excellent analytical mind and drafting skills ;
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic ;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment ;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well ;
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work ;
- Ability to work independently and with initiative ;
- Willingness to travel.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Familiarity with the literature on economic development, agriculture, nutrition and poverty reduction ;
- Previous experience related to agricultural project and policy analysis ;
- Experience with GAMS and/or ARC-GIS.