Avis de recrutement : Gain recrute un(e) Conseiller en recherche et chef de projet basé à Londres, New Delhi et Washington D.C.
You will oversee contracting and will ensure the accurate planning, management and reporting of activities, budgeting and forecasting, and project monitoring.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Leading the implementation of research activities (e.g., surveys, evaluations, implementation research and other assessments) throughout all stages of prioritization, design (protocol and questionnaire development), implementation (training, data collection and quality assurance), data analysis and reporting
- Developing and reviewing reports, papers, briefs, blogs, and presentations related to the research methods and results
- Ensuring high-quality technical outputs from external partners and team members by providing a thorough technical review and liaising with them to improve the quality as needed
- Representing GAIN at technical and non-technical events and presenting research findings to stakeholders in country workshops and other relevant conferences to facilitate the uptake of results for decision making
- Planning and overseeing timely implementation of the NFP research projects across GAIN’s country offices, following the GAIN Project Management Guidelines and best practices for high-quality research
- Identifying, tracking, and resolving project issues on an ongoing basis, and proactively seeking support where issues require wider attention and resolution
- Working closely with GAIN’s Development Office to produce regular donor reports, including tracking and updating monitoring indicators to track the projects’ progress
- Collaborating with GAIN’s international finance team to ensure that accurate budgets and forecasting are drawn up for all activities, and that financial forecasts are regularly met
- Leading a team consisting of Senior Research Associates in approximately four countries, overseeing their technical research and project activity work in-country and bringing together the skills, experience and competencies required for successful project delivery
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience of programmatically relevant research in a low- or middle-income country, in collaboration with local research counterparts. You will have substantial experience with research design and implementation using either quantitative or qualitive methodologies, in nutrition or a related field. Experience should encompass design of research methodologies, analysis of data, and reporting of results.
In addition to this, you will have proven research project management and leadership experience in complex and diverse environments, including delivering projects on time and within budget and using project management processes and tools.
You will have the ability to work with diverse groups/individuals, including government, academia, and the private sector and able to adapt unexpected challenges and provide creative solutions.
Candidates should have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and fluency in French or Portuguese is an additional asset. You are expected to be highly flexible and be willing to travel regularly.
Demonstrated skills with data analysis software, such as R, Stata, SAS, or SPSS; or nVivo or ATLAS.ti is required. A Master’s degree in Nutrition, Agriculture, Sustainable Development, Economics / Political Economy, Development Studies, Policy or related field, candidate with PhD would be an asset.
Deadline : 16 March 2023