Avis de recrutement : HIAS recrute un.e Spécialiste de programme aux Etats-Unnis.
POSITION SUMMARY :
HIAS is seeking a Program Specialist, LAC to support programs and operational needs in HIAS’ offices in Latin America and the Caribbean. Reporting to the Program Manager, LAC, the Program Specialist, LAC will support HIAS’ programs in all LAC countries through reporting, monitoring, cross-divisional collaboration, proposal development support and related administrative duties. The Program Specialist, LAC will work closely with the Fundraising Manager, LAC and with other regional office and Technical Team staff, including technical colleagues focused on Gender/GBV, Mental Health & Psychosocial Support, Economic Inclusion and Legal Protection. The successful candidate has a demonstrated ability to coordinate between country programs and headquarters, as well as a keen understanding of field-based challenges and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Coordinates closely with field-based colleagues, including Country Directors, Program Directors and Program Managers, and other field staff, among technical staff and within other HQ divisions, including Budget & Fiscal Compliance (BFC), Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology (IT), among others.
- Supports the Program Manager, LAC to identify gaps in programmatic progress and coordinate with departments and country offices to address identified gaps.
- Supports the Program Manager, LAC to lead the coordination of U.S. Government grant renewal processes.
- Liaises with country office colleagues on government reporting requirements and manages the reporting review process amongst country offices, HQ and regional staff.
- Uploads all relevant grant documents to the LAC Regional SharePoint and works with the Program Associate, LAC to keep SharePoint organized.
- Supports the Fundraising Manager, LAC by tracking all project approvals and implementation by updating the fundraising dashboard.
- Leads the follow-up of action items identified in meetings to coordinate and help move forward priorities and next steps.
- Reviews meeting notes taken by the Program Associate, LAC.
- Reviews documents quickly and efficiently for English grammar and syntax, including documents translated from Spanish to English; translates reasonably-sized internal documents or emails from Spanish to English and vice versa.
- Maintains program tracking documentation and databases.
- Coordinates closely with the Fundraising Manager, LAC to support with contextual research regarding proposal development and drafting of relevant sections, such as background, sustainability, exit strategy, etc.
- Collects and organizes operational required documents for proposal development.
- Backstops the Program Manager, LAC and the Fundraising Manager, LAC, while position(s) are travelling and in the field.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree in Social Sciences or Development preferred.
- 3-5 years in the NGO sector, preferably in refugee or humanitarian field.
- English and Spanish fluency are both required.
- Demonstrated working experience at a field level for at least 2 years is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Experience coordinating, reviewing and supporting funding proposals.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage time efficiently, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Excellent written communication, research skills and English grammar revision skills.
- Flexible, creative and collaborative working style.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to remain committed to HIAS’ mission and values, and refugee protection.
Closing date :