Recruitment for (Senior) Industry Specialist – Power Engineer, Renewable Energy
||3 years 0 months
||Washington, DC,United States; Singapore; Bangkok, Thailand;New Delhi, India
||6/5/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
IFC, the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is the largest multilateral provider of financing for private enterprise in emerging markets. IFC provides loans, equity, structured finance and risk management tools as well as advisory services to build the private sector in developing countries. IFC invests in private sector projects that are financially and economically viable and have a substantial development impact.
The Global Energy (CNGEN) unit, in collaboration with the regional industry groups, is responsible for IFC’s energy business, including power generation, midstream energy infrastructure, and transmission and distribution. CNGEN is looking to recruit a (Senior) Industry Specialist to support and advise on the technical assessment of new and portfolio power projects as well as IFC’s Upstream efforts on early stage project development.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Support the development of power projects worldwide (generation, transmission & distribution), with a focus on renewable energy (solar, wind and hydro) and lead their technical appraisal to identify strengths, issues and challenges and provide views and guidance to management, teams and clients;
- Conduct comprehensive technical assessment, including review of project sponsor and contractor technical capabilities, project feasibility, design and organization, contractual arrangements, and the specific equipment and suppliers involved;
- Review and opine on major project contracts (PPA, EPC, FSA, O&M and concession);
- Review and provide key operational and capital cost and technical assumptions for incorporation in financial models;
- Supervise technical aspects of IFC’s portfolio of power sector investments, including field inspection as necessary and assist in resolving operational weaknesses;
- Support portfolio management and provide advice for project enhancements to both internal and external clients;
- Maintain and build power sector technical knowledge and support best practice knowledge sharing;
- Engage in IFC’s Upstream efforts in the early stage development of power projects and programs;
- Support and provide advice on enhancements to utility management;
- Liaise with client’s technical staff, project engineers and lenders’ engineers;
- Hire and supervise specialized engineering agencies as necessary.
- Advanced degree in engineering and 10+ years of recent and relevant experience in the electric power industry;
- In-depth technical knowledge and expertise in renewable energy (primarily solar, wind and hydro);
- Successful track record in one or combination of the following areas: power generation (especially renewables) transactions, transmission and distribution operations, power system planning, project development, power plant construction and environmental compliance, and electric utility management and operations;
- Experience as lenders’ engineer and experience in plant or utility operations will be considered a plus;
- Significant work experience in the private sector and emerging economies;
- Up-to-date knowledge of capital costs, operating parameters and technological developments of diverse generation technologies and transmission & distribution networks;
- Knowledge of deregulated market operation and tariff calculation is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in written and spoken Spanish or French is a plus.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.