I. JOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of the Area Finance Head position is to coordinate, administer, control, monitor, and periodically summarize the extent of financial operations and performance of the Field Office. She/he provides effective and efficient support and advice to the Field Office Program & Operation Manager, Project Managers, and other team members as required.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1 Financial Management: % of Time: 35%
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of financial analysis about Advances, based on organization and donor’s procedures
- Ensures that books of accounts are maintained checks, receipts, vouchers, and other financial documents are kept properly and that they are safeguarded against misuse;
- Supervises/prepares the Field Office payroll, including taxation, withholdings, PF, and accrued benefits.
- Follow up that taxes, insurance payments and collection are handled on time;
- Prepares monthly “Request for Cash Transfer” and ensure the replenishment of petty cash on a timely basis;
- Ensures that all cash collected is deposited daily in the bank
- Review petty cash payments and ensure timely replenishment
- Develops mechanisms to ensure that operations of CARE are implemented cost- effectively
- Ensures field-office compliance with CARE’s accounting policy as per CARE USA Finance and Administration policy and procedures manual as well as policy and procedure as established by CARE-HO;
- Coordinates all other financial information to be submitted to CARE-HO, including the follow-up of outstanding items in the Field Office;
- Ensures compliance to government, donor, and other contractual/requirements/standard provisions.
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of annual operating budget and project proposals;
- Make sure to follow the procedures of the procurement Manual.
Job Responsibility #2: Reconciliation and Reporting: % of Time: 25%
- Analyzes records of current and past operations to determine trends;
- Verifies and reconciles Bank Statement with projects book balances on a regular basis to ensure proper cash monitoring.
- Prepares and submits quarterly budget Vs expenditure report to Project Managers and Government Offices for monitoring and follow up.
- Follow up/monitors and reconciles subsidiary ledgers for leave and benefits accrual (2412XX & 244XXX), PF & Pension (2376XX) & tax related accounts (2340XX);
- Follow up/monitors and reconciles subsidiary ledgers for advances like travel, project, and vendor.
- Ensures that required financial information is made available to internal and external auditors.
Job Responsibility #3: Data Entry % of Time: 15%
- Enters all financial data into People Soft accounting system for the following transactions.
- Data entry after detailed review of financial documents of payments
- Data entry after detailed review of financial documents of collections
- Data entry after detailed review of financial documents of adjustments
- Generates coding slips for all data entries and attach to each of the respective documents.
Job Responsibility # 4: Filling /Maintain Proper Documentation % of Time: 5%
- Ensure proper documentation for all financial transactions.
- Ensure all financial documents are labeled, stamped with “PAID” marks, and make sure all transactions have coding clip;
- Arrange all financial documents for internal as well as external auditors up on request;
Job Responsibility #5: Training and Support % of Time: 5%
- Assists the Field Office Program & Operations Manager and Project Managers in the preparation of operating budget and project proposals;
- Identifies financial management training needs of Field Office staff and give appropriate training.
Job Responsibility #6: Staff Management % of Time: 5%
- Supervises and Supports the Account Analyst and the Account Clerk. Orients, trains and Coaches the Accounts Clerk and Accounts Analyst.
- Completes all performance management activities including performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals.
Job Responsibility #6: Learning % of Time: 5%
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples in-country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning.
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned.
Job Responsibility #7 Others: % of Time: 5%
Perform other duties as assigned
III PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
The levels of problem solving this position will face are levels one and two. But she/he usually deals with identical or similar problems on a regular basis and what must be done and how to do it are clearly defined in the Financial Policy and Procedures Manual.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
Required : BA degree in Accounting.
Desired : Training on Computerized Accounting
Required : 5 years of relevant experience.