UNFPA recrute un spécialiste du programme, genre et violence basée sur le genre (GBV), P-3, Banjul, Gambie
Level : P-3
Contract Type : Fixed Term Appointment
Closing date : 21 May 2020 – 5:00pm(New York time)
Duty station : Banjul, The Gambia
Job ID : 30335
The Position :
The GBV & Gender Programme Specialist is responsible for the design and implementation of gender/GBV responsive programmes, in line with international standards, putting into context UNFPA policies, procedures and national priorities. You will lead the implementation of UNFPA’s Gender/GBV components of existing and future peace building project; contributing high quality, timely oversight and management of the Rule of Law project in ensuring the delivery of programme results. You will play a technical advisory role in the inter-agency platforms, and will support resource mobilization efforts through proposal development, building alliances and partnerships with bilateral and multilateral partners.
You will work under the leadership and direct supervision of the UNPFA Resident Representative.
How you can make a difference :
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Job Purpose :
The GBV & Gender Programme Specialist will play a key role in improving programme coordination, partnership and advocacy, and in ensuring the sound management of financial resources in the office. You will provide strategic technical, policy and programmatic leadership for the country office in the area of Gender programming and management of peacebuilding funds. You will be responsible for analyzing current trends in gender related issues and contribute to strategic action in responding to gender-based violence in the country and providing strategic guidance in shaping national development frameworks and programmes with a focus of gender mainstreaming including the achievement of the SDGs and ICPD Programme of Action. You will maintain primary responsibility for the provision of technical assistance, advocacy, policy and programme support.
Qualifications and Experience :
Education : Advanced university degree in Gender studies, Public Health, Sociology, International Relations, International Development, Demography, Economics, programme management or any other related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience :
- 5 years of professional experience in development work; prior experience in programme/project management is preferred ;
- Solid knowledge and practical experience in gender. Integration of gender, sexual and reproductive health, youth, and humanitarian programming is highly desirable ;
- Demonstrable ability to work with a variety of stakeholder including government, civil society, development partners and the academia ;
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, precision and accuracy ;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills ;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills ;
- UN system experience, especially field experience, is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required ;
- Knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French, is desirable ;
- To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click “Apply Now” below.