Appel à manifestation d’intérêt : PAM recrute un(e) Responsable de la chaîne d’approvisionnement en Guinée.
The incumbent will be expected to make practical contributions within the framework of established policies and procedures. She/He will be expected to apply considerable knowledge from training and practical experience and demonstrate analytical, independent file review and decision-making skills. He/she must be able to develop analytical tools to improve supply chain performance.
The incumbent will provide analysis and input to supply chain activities, contribute to the planning and coordination of supply chain operations in the field, to ensure that actions are in line with an effective and integrated supply chain approach that meets the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and the service delivery requirements of partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Reporting directly to the Country Director, the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
- Provide substantive contributions to country context analyses and to the management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, in support of operational supply chain challenges and operational optimization.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of supply chain operations, initiatives and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective and integrated approach and in close cooperation with key supply chain stakeholders.
- Perform analyses and detailed conceptual work putting together comprehensive reports identifying opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain within the area of responsibility.
- Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff for maximizing use of resources and effectiveness of supply chain operations.
- Build and maintain productive partnerships mostly at the operational level and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions contributing to an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and cross-functional operational alignment.
- Build and maintain productive partnerships with supply chain counterparts amongst government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share operational knowledge contributing to coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
- Provide technical contribution to market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of an appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
- Support management of supply chain operations, or manage less complex supply chain operations, in compliance with the established supply chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, with special emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
- Support the monitoring of supply chain activities to check that appropriate internal controls are followed to increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations.
- Support management of service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
- Prepare accurate, comprehensive and timely reports, dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities including trends to support informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Guide and supervise staff of the unit (Logistics and Procurement, acting as a point of referral, providing training and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Contribute to preparedness actions and support quick emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with at least 3 years experience in the supply chain field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in French and English languages.
Date limite : 16/02/2023