Maintain strong client relationships to develop repeat business.
• Perform assessment of project development impact and market creation impact.
• Gather insights for lessons learned on important topics and to identify additional areas where lessons learned could improve business development and transaction structuring.
• Negotiate complex waivers, amendments, and rescheduling, and help prepare official restructuring memos for approval.
• Monitor the unit/Profit Center transactions and profitability (debt service, dividends, fees, equity sales proceeds, RAROC etc.), and support the Portfolio Manager in the collection, analysis and reporting of profitability indicators.
• Support preparation of material for portfolio/ equity and other reviews.
• Support impact assessment on portfolio from time to time.
• Monitor macroeconomic indicators of sector and country market conditions as well as social and political information that are relevant to assigned portfolio.
New Business Processing
The candidate will be expected to:
• Promote and expand IFC’s investment activities in the South Asia Region comprising India, Bangladesh and neighboring countries, in the Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Consumer Services sectors.
• Proactively seek new investment opportunities in the above-mentioned sectors, be creative and innovative in developing financing structures for potential clients, develop and harness business relationships with private sector clients as well as regulators to identify opportunities, and engage and work closely with regional and HQ colleagues in business development efforts and in winning mandates.
• Maintain high level relationships with clients in South Asia to understand industry trends and create new short term and future business opportunities.
Evaluate the attractiveness of specific transactions and make recommendations for IFC’s investments
• Develop a strong pipeline of MAS investment opportunities
• Lead and/or participate in teams executing IFC’s investments across products with a strong focus on credit and asset quality. This would include processing mandates, conducting due diligence, coordinating with IFC specialists and lenders’ external advisors, structuring deals and negotiating term sheets and other documentation, syndications and internal approvals.
• Master’s degree in a related field
• Minimum 12 years relevant work experience; preferably including work experience in a financial institution or a company with a focus on relevant sectors
• Strong analytical and financial structuring skills, and sound business judgment
• In-depth understanding of IFC investment processes and required standards for a deal to be bankable to IFC standards
• Broad understanding of industry drivers, latest trends and changes, and standard market transaction arrangements
• Ability to review the financial analytical work performed by team members for moderately complex transactions based on in depth analytical and financial modeling skills and experience to know what to look for in efficiently ensuring quality control and directing the appropriate analysis to understand risk factors in a project
• Ability to build advanced structuring expertise for moderately complex investment transaction based on experience with diverse – IFC financial instruments, a range of clients in different countries, and projects with different complexity factors
• Astute and efficient mindset in determining what’s required to make best transaction decisions, incorporating lessons learnt from the processing of earlier transactions and portfolio management
• Good understanding of what internal stakeholders and approving officials look for in assessing risk, additionality and development impact as well as fit with IFC’s strategy
• Ability to build long term engagement with clients and build credibility by demonstrating knowledge of their business/ culture, and maintain an ongoing dialogue on their business needs, operations and strategies, and opportunities for potential strategically aligned business deals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Ability to describe highly complex issues, approaches and lessons in a manner that is relevant and understandable to clients/ stakeholders; Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English are required
• Ability to comment effectively on documents, develop junior staff as writers, and lead the writing process of business specific documents
• Ability to supervise staff in business development, processing, portfolio management and/or specialty area by providing technical guidance and delegating work to build and effectively use talents of staff, and balance workloads
• Ability to guide, advise, mentor, and coach junior staff and peers to develop and broaden their scope of skills, including providing on-the-job learning opportunities.