Appel à candidature : OMS recrute un(e) Assistant(e) IMT (Administration des systèmes)–Inde.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Administration and Financeprovides region-wide support on the full range of administrative, financial,Information Technology, personnel, and procurement matters. The InformationTechnology and Communications unit provides oversight and support to CountryOffices in the region on all ICT matters, to ensure that all staff members inthe region have timely access to information systems in a reliable manner forthe effective programme management within the WHO offices in the SEA regionaland country offices. The ICT unit also provides advice and support to member stateswith regards to ICT aspects of national health programmes.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the ICT Infrastructure &Customer Services Lead and overall guidance of the Information Technology Officer, P.2, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. IT Platforms Operations at the Regional Office and Country Offices:
- Assist in the implementation, integration and ongoing administration of IT infrastructure in line with WHO ICT standards.
- Assist in the administration of the servers including Windows operating systems environment, server’s virtualization and O365 administration.
- Support performance management and usability of IT platforms and hosting environment for other applications. Provide installation and trouble shooting support to Country offices related to IT platform services.
- Assist in monitoring operation and in administration of platforms systems and take actions to ensure systems availability, security, and integrity; contribute to development and reporting of key performance indicators.
- Contribute to implementation of ICTDisaster Recovery plans for Regional office and Country offices.
- Contributeto the management of Data Centre and associated ICT facilities in order torender high up time of ICT infrastructure, technically liaise with externalvendors and service providers for timely rectification of any related problems.
2. Support efficient Service Delivery and Configuration Management:
- Administration of WHO Identity Self Service (IDSS) in SEAR to provide support in management of user profiles in IDSS/Active Directory.
- Assist in implementation and ongoing compliance to Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) standards for efficient service delivery.
- Assist in maintaining checklists, procedures and processes for effective ICT infrastructure support and service delivery.
- Support as technical Interface and escalationpoint for ICT Service Desk and provide second level support.
- Document and maintain configuration and communication related to Data Centre and ICT infrastructure and platforms environment.
3. Provide high level of security of SEARO’s and WCOs ICT Infrastructure and its compliance with WHO IT Standards. Also assist in reliable operation of ICT Infrastructure in SEAR.
- Support in maintaining the security andintegrity of SEAR’s IT platforms and hosting environment and ensure its compliance with WHO IT Security Policy and Standards.
- Assist in implementing ICT policies and Disaster Recovery plans for IT platforms at SEAR.
- Assist in performing security assessments and in implementing systems hardening and security measures in accordance with industry best practices and WHO IT standards and guidelines and deploy patches and firmware upgrades in SEAR.
- Regularly monitor completion of all daily backups in SEARO and in liaison with Country office ICT staff.
- Regularly monitor and review security related events on servers and hosting environment and take necessary measures to prevent compromise of systems.
- Serve as a backup for other team members in the ICT Infrastructure Services team in their absence.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the job, as required by thesupervisor.
Essential: Secondary School education supplemented by relevant courses in Information Technology. Microsoft Certifications in Windows server Administration, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Desirable: Certification in SAN storage, Certification in Microsoft, CISCO Certified.
Essential: At least five years of experience in implementing and managing Server and storage Infrastructure, virtualization, Data Backup, Knowledge in implementing ITIL based service delivery and configuration management.
Desirable: Good knowledge of Cloud services. Experience in an UN organization, international organization, government, business, or professional office.
Extensive experience in implantation of servers & virtualization, Datastorage & Backup solution, web hosting services, data centreadministration.Strong knowledge of systems management, performance tuning andmonitoring tools.Good knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.Strong team oriented interpersonal skills and sound analytical andproblem solving skills.Ability to meet deadlines and produce results, cope with constant workpressure, adapt to change in technology and move forward in achanging environment.Communicating in a credible and effective way, good presentation skillsand ability to produce documentation and reports.
Close on 13 Feb 2023