Stages : L’Institut International de Gestion de l’Eau (IWMI) recrute un(e) Stagiaire en apprentissage automatique basé à Sri Lanka, Inde.
During this internship, the intern will assist in the following areas:
- Study and transform data science prototypes that are of relevance to the ClimBeR initiative.
- Select relevant datasets and data representation methods.
- Design machine learning systems.
- Conduct research and implement suitable machine learning algorithms and tools.
- Develop machine learning models in accordance with the requirements of the ClimBeR initiative.
- Transforming code and running several machine learning tests and experiments.
- Test, train and retrain machine learning models where necessary.
- Conduct model validation and error estimation using statistical analysis and refine test results.
- Expand existing machine learning libraries and frameworks to evaluate climate shocks.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree or working on doctoral degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Natural Sciences, or an equivalent qualification.
- Good knowledge of mathematics and statistics, especially in probability functions and logical algorithms.
- Ability to write robust code in Python, with knowledge of Java, FORTRAN or R is desirable.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (e.g., scikit-learn).
- Ability to work within a team and have problem-solving skills.
The duration of the initial internship contract will be for 6 months, either full-time or part-time. The level of effort for a part-time internship is approximately 20 hours per week, but full-time is preferable. The tentative start date is as soon as possible. The interns will be based at one of IWMI’s offices in India or at its headquarters in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
IWMI will provide a monthly stipend to the selected candidate during the internship period.
Applications must be submitted by 24:00 (NST) on February 09, 2023 (Thursday).