UNICEF recrute un chef de bureau principal, (NO-4), # 90642, Lodwar, Kenya
Job no : 531487
Work type : Fixed Term Appointment
Level : NO-4
Location : Kenya
Categories : Chief Field Office
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, resources
How can you make a difference?
- Represent UNICEF in all matters related to programme planning and implementation in the geographical area covered by Lodwar Field Office. Provide leadership, guidance and supervision of the Field Office staff, and ensure staff safety and security is given paramount importance ;
- Technical Leadership in all aspects of devolution, providing guidance and direction in ensuring a coordinated approach to UNICEF programme delivery in the geographical area. Ensure exchange of information, experience, identify new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve programme requirements and objectives ;
- Programming and Management of Programme: Be rresponsible for overall development and establishment of the Field Office work plans, monitoring compliance, and providing support and guidance to ensure objectives are met ;
- Coordination: Interact with Government and other partners, NGO’s, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of programme implementation, follow up on implementation of recommendations and agreements. Provide technical support, orientation and guidance to implementing partners and government officials on appropriate technical and institutional capacity-building measures to achieve programme goals and expand coverage of services ;
- Field Monitoring and reporting: Conduct field assessment visits in the areas of coverage to ensure programme effectiveness, identifying bottlenecks and instituting remedial measures. Ensure timely preparation and submission of progress/status reports required from the Field Office for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis and assessment, annual reports.
Resource Mobilization : Identify possible donors and maintain close liaison with the Nairobi Office for resource mobilization and leveraging.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced University Degree in education or social sciences as related technical field ;
- Eight (8) years progressively, responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning and management in related field with emphasis on strategic planning ;
- Fluency in English and Kswahili required. Knowledge of local dialects an assest.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Analyzing [II] ;
- Deciding and Initiating Action [III] ;
- Persuading and Influencing [III] ;
- Applying Technical Expertise [III] ;
- Planning and Organizing [II] Adapting and Responding Change [III] ;
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks [III].
View our competency framework at Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Applications close : 19 May 2020 11:55 PM E. Africa Standard Time.