Government of Lesotho
ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION SUPPORT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING FIRM)
DEVELOPMENT OF DIPLOMA IN TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT CURRICULUM FOR LEROTHOLI POLYTECHNIC IN LESOTHO
Financing Agreement Reference : 2100150036596
Sector : Enterprise Development
Project ID No. : P-LS-KF0-002
The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the African Development Bank towards implementation of the Economic Diversification Support Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for Development of Certificate and Diploma Level Curriculum in Tourism and Hospitality Management for Lerotholi Polytechnic in Lesotho.
The overall objective of the assignment is to engage a consultancy firm to work closely with
Lerotholi Polytechnic to perform the following tasks :
- To review the existing integrated curriculum for Certificate and Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management as well as short term courses ;
- Identify the gaps in the current curriculum and subsequently develop a new curriculum based on gaps identified in the current curriculum ;
- To review the existing report which was developed in 2019 with the involvement of tourism industry key stakeholders on identified gaps in the existing integrated curriculum for Tourism and Hospitality Management as well as a benchmarking report on jurisdictions similar to Lesotho based on international best practice ;
- To review the current programme in terms of structure, content and credit values ;
- To structure the programme in such a way that it allows for articulation of further studies in other countries, especially for those students who would want to further their studies into post-graduate qualifications ;
- To rationalise the programme to avoid duplication and reduce the assessment burden for staff and students ;
- To align the current programme with the changing nature of the discipline ;
- To align the current programme to take advantage of opportunities offered by new learning technologies ;
- To ensure that the programme is in line with the trends in recruitment ;
- To ensure that the programme original aims and outcomes are not lost through module drift over time ;
- To ensure that the programme is in line with the changing expectations of professional statutory and regulatory bodies ;
- To ensure that the programme is still in line with the National Development Goals of Lesotho.
The Ministry of Trade and Industry now invites eligible consultancy firms to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultancy firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc).
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Procurement Policy and Methodology for Bank Group Funded Operations, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultancy firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08.00 hours to 16.30 hours.
Expressions of Interests must be delivered to the address below by 10th June, 2020, and electronic submissions should mention as the subject message “” and should be sent to the address below.
The Project Manager
Economic Diversification Support Project
P.O. Box 747,
Maseru 100, Lesotho
Email : [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]
Tel. : (+266) 22 315 100