Le Catholic Relief Services recrute un(e) coordonnateur(trice) des bénévoles, Bamako, Mali
Description de poste de CRS :
Titre du poste : Volunteer Coordinator
Département : Health
Band : 8
Superviseur immediate : Project Director
Pays/lieu : Mali – Bamako
CRS is seeking a fully bilingual Volunteer Coordinator for the Keneya Kelen project, funded through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/John Ogonowski and Doug Bereuter Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Volunteer Program in support of the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA)’s zoonotic disease action package. This anticipated 3-year project will supplement and expand upon ongoing One Health and GHSA activities in Mali, ultimately increasing the capacity of the Malian government to detect zoonotic diseases quickly and accurately through strengthening of the animal health surveillance and disease identification network. The project will build the human and material capacity of multiple One Health Actors, including veterinary laboratories, government veterinarians, and livestock sector actors, in the areas of zoonotic disease diagnosis, specimen collection and transport, and passive surveillance of livestock disease. It will also develop innovative means to strengthen linkages between the animal and human health sectors, further advancing the One Health approach in Mali.
The global F2F program, of which Keneya Kelen is a part, aims to facilitate economic growth within targeted agriculture sub-sectors, enhance sub-sector inclusiveness to expand participation to a broader range of individuals and communities and to increase the American public’s understanding of international development issues and US international development programs. F2F programs provide technical assistance to introduce new technologies, innovations and development of local capacity for more productive, profitable, sustainable and equitable agriculture systems.
Through the unique F2F volunteer component, Keneya Kelen will strategically draw upon the expertise of a pool of local, regional and international volunteers with expertise in multiple project-related areas, These F2F Volunteers will be selected to serve in well-targeted, short-term, high-impact volunteer field assignments which will support capacity building and peer-to-peer technical exchange. The volunteer pool for Keneya Kelen is expected to be very diverse. The project will leverage local volunteer expertise from within Mali, while also tapping into global networks within the West Africa region and from the United States.
Summary of the Post :
The Volunteer Coordinator is a critical post which will work closely with both the local Keneya Kelen team in Bamako and with CRS’ Global F2F team in the States to ensure strong implementation of the volunteer assistance element of the project. This encompasses a wide range of related areas including: liaising with technical and management staff and with potential host organizations to develop strong volunteer Scopes of Work; supporting the tapping into of local and international networks for the recruitment of qualified volunteers; coordinating all logistics for volunteer preparation, travel, and on-assignment needs; and ensuring that the work and feedback of the volunteers is well-documented and that the volunteer program is continuously improved based on lessons learned.
Key Responsibilities :
Job Responsibilities :
- With Project Director and other team members as applicable, meet with potential volunteer host entities to identify needs and develop ideas for possible volunteer assignments ;
- Provide orientation to volunteer placement organizations on the goals of the F2F program and appropriate expectations of F2F volunteers ;
- Draft detailed volunteer Scopes of Work, in close collaboration with relevant program staff and technical staff for laboratory, animal surveillance, and pastoralist support as needed ;
- Work with Global F2F team to determine recruitment timelines and identify appropriate recruitment strategies for international and local volunteers upon finalization of SOWs ;
- Participate in the F2F volunteer review and placement processes in collaboration with the Global F2F team at HQ ;
- Support the logistics of travel and assignment preparation for all Mali volunteers upon selection and placement, including coordinating lodging and movement, briefing the host organization, and planning for any necessary translation and other support ;
- Prepare volunteer orientation processes, including scheduling all necessary security, organizational, and technical briefings required with the appropriate actors ;
- Serve as volunteers’ point person for all on-assignment issues or questions and regularly monitor assignments, providing liaison support as needed ;
- Ensure that volunteer reports, assignment ratings and any other feedback are appropriately fed up to management and to the Global F2F team ;
- Monitor progress and collect data related to volunteers, to share with MEAL manager ;
- Write all reports related to volunteers and share with HQ teams ;
- Provide direct support to the Project Director in the development and submission of annual Country Operating Plans (COP) ;
- Provide direct support to the Project Director in quarterly and annual reporting processes to USAID; provide oversight on the development of all official documentation produced for the project (success stories, lessons learned, case studies, etc.).
Required education, experience and skills :
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in administration/management, development, or a field related to one or more of the project’s area of focus; Masters preferred ;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in an NGO/civil society environment in an administrative, management or project support or coordination capacity. Previous human resources or volunteer coordination experience would be highly valued ;
- Previous experience working in an anglophone or bilingual environment, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with international/remote teams and across cultures ;
- Experience with program monitoring and reporting functions, with solid writing skills and the ability to work alongside staff technical advisors and other staff to develop Scopes of Work ;
- Experience in using MS Windows and MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), online conferencing applications, and information management systems.
Personal Skills :
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound judgments, make good decisions and deliver innovative solutions ;
- Strong capacity in relationship management. Ability to build relationships with people at all levels, both internally and externally. Strategic in your approach to each relationship ;
- Good presentation, facilitation, and representation skills ;
- Proactive, resourceful, solution- and results-oriented, and service-oriented ;
- Good knowledge of surveillance and technical aspect of animal health services
Foreign Language : Fluent French and English (spoken and written) are required. This position will interact extensively with both local institutions and the CRS HQ team in the US and a wide variety of global volunteers; thus, a high level of fluency in both languages is necessary.
Field Travel : 5% internationally; 10% to potential volunteer sites in south and central Mali (Mopti, Kayes, Sikasso).
- Supervision : None ;
- Internal : Project Director, GHSA Program Manager, Technical Advisors and specialists, CRS/Mali admin team, Global F2F volunteer recruitment team ;
- External : Potential volunteer host organizations/entities (Government and/or civil society) in the livestock, One Health, or surveillance/lab space.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff) :
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired result :
- Trusting Relationships ;
- Professional Growth ;
- Partnership ;
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position ;
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation ;
- Equal Opportunity Employer.
Les dossiers de candidature comportant un curriculum vitae détaillé, une lettre de motivation, un casier judiciaire en cours de validité (n’est obligatoire qu’une fois retenu au poste) et les contacts de trois personnes de références, dont celle du dernier emploi, doivent parvenir au plus tard le 31 Mai 2020 à l’adresse email suivante : [email protected] avec comme objet : « Candidature au poste de Volunteer Coordinator – Keneya Kelen Project -Bamako ».
NB : Toute candidature ne comportant pas l’objet susmentionné ne sera pas considérée. Seules les personnes retenues pour des tests seront contactées.
Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encouragées.
«Le CRS met un accent particulier sur les valeurs familiales, y compris les congés de maternité et de paternité, les politiques qui favorisent l’allaitement maternel exclusif, la disponibilité d’une crèche au bureau et le travail selon les heures flexibles dans la mesure du possible ».
En postulant à cet emploi, je comprends et reconnais que CRS exige de son personnel : qu’il traite toutes les personnes avec dignité et respect et qu’il prévienne activement le harcèlement, la maltraitance, l’exploitation et le trafic d’êtres humains. De plus, je comprends que si je suis un candidat retenu, je serai soumis à une vérification approfondie des antécédents et que mes références personnelles/ professionnelles seront utilisées pour évaluer mes comportements liés aux sujets susmentionnés relatifs à la protection.