NRC is looking for a new Area Manager for the Center of Mali, to be based in Mopti.
NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, and Kidal, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of people affected by violence and displacement. We provide education, shelter, food security, and give people legal assistance. We also have a dedicated emergency response mechanism.
The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area.
The Area Manager reports to the Country Director.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the area ;
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG) ;
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures ;
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action ;
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level ;
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources) ;
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans ;
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies ;
- Represent NRC and networking on area level ;
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area ;
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area ;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Expériences / Formation :
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context ;
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts ;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities ;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile ;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal ;
- Knowledge of the Malian context and the sahel in general is an added value ;
- Strong knowledge of PCM tools, Agresso.
Personal qualities :
- Handling insecure environments ;
- Strategic thinking ;
- Initiating action and change ;
- Empowering and building trust ;
- A good sense of humour is an asset ;
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability.
- Commencement : ASAP ;
- Duration : 12 months ;
- Salary/benefits : According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard ;
- Level : Grade 10 in NRC grade structure (See attached the NRC Grade structure) ;
- Duty station : Mopti, with 30% travels to the field. Mopti is a non-family posting. Travel outside Mopti is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area Recreational and social facilities are limited, International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation ;
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start ;
- Due to the urgency of this recruitment, NRC assesses the candidates per order of application. the advert will be closed as soon as we find a suitable candidate ;
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.