The starting salary package for this position is £45,504 GBP/approx. $56,462 USD including all allowances
About the Mauritania programme :
The predominate area of focus in MAG’s programmes across West Africa is Arms Management and Destruction (AMD) work, working with national defence and security authorities towards the safe storage and management as well as destruction/relocation of weapons and munitions. MAG established a presence in Mauritania in 2017 and is currently is implementing various AMD projects such as physical security improvement and weapons marking.
About the role :
This role will be responsible for the effective day-to-day management of all aspects of the Country Programme, including staff, resources, partners and networks. A key element of the role will be to ensure contractual compliance with project donors, coordinating and developing relationships with donors and other stakeholders to represent MAG, and planning and developing further opportunities for MAG in the country. The role will have ultimate responsibility for the programme’s finances, as well as budgeting and reporting; as well as having oversight of the security and safeguarding management in country. As the senior manager in country, the Country Representative will provide leadership to and oversee programme support functions, including logistics, human resources and finance, as well as management of implementing partners.
About you :
You should have previous experience in overseas project management roles, within an international aid/humanitarian organisation. You will also need experience across the range of project management functions, including experience of managing national staff and the ability to motivate a team. In addition, you should have experience working across a range of disciplines and experience of growing and developing projects. It will be key for the selected candidate to be able to demonstrate an analytical and solution oriented management approach to working within a complex context. Previous professional experience in North or West Africa would be beneficial.
French and English language skills are essential for this post.
Areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so applicants will need to be able to deal with living and working in challenging environments.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits :
- Salary : The total salary package for this position is £45,504 GBP including all allowances ;
- Accommodation : MAG will provide accommodation in-country ;
- Leave : We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year ;
- Flights : MAG provides three international flights home per year ;
- Insurance : All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
This post has unaccompanied status.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
Please note that as part of MAG’s commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.