Avis de recrutement : L’Institut International de Gestion de l’Eau(IWMI) recrute un(e) Stagiaire en WASH (sciences sociales), Népal.
Project description and scope of internship:
Research Center, is looking for an intern to learn about and contribute to social science research on climate change and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in Nepal. The intern will be part of the research team working for the Addressing climate vulnerability in Nepal through resilient inclusive WASH systems (RES-WASH) project that aims to address resilient and inclusive WASH systems under climate variability and change in Dailekh and Sarlahi districts of Nepal. The project is supported by the Water for Women Fund.
During this internship, the intern will assist in the following areas:
- Develop skills in conducting literature searches and reviews on policies, gendered and social vulnerabilities, and resilience capacity related to WASH.
- Enhance the ability to coordinate and conduct field surveys, in-depth interviews and stakeholder consultations.
- Develop skills in data management including data compilation, transcription and translation.
- Review reports on gendered and social vulnerabilities, and adaptation practices in Nepal.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of gender equality and social inclusion aspects of WASH beneficiaries and populations/social groups impacted by climate change in the study areas.
- Prepare workshop and field visit reports.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in sociology/anthropology/social work/environmental sciences/gender studies, development studies/water resources management, public health (hygiene and sanitation).
- Experience in conducting/supporting field-based research activities, including data collection and documentation.
- Self-motivated to participate in and learn from social science research on WASH and climate change.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a range of stakeholders.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali.
The duration of the initial internship contract will be for 3 months with the possibility of extension based on performance, requirements of IWMI, and availability of funds. This is a nationally recruited internship and only citizens of Nepal are eligible to apply. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including those from Madhesh and Karnali provinces.
IWMI will provide a monthly stipend to the selected candidate during the internship period.
Applications must be submitted by 24:00 (NST) on January 27th, 2023 (Friday).