Avis de recrutement : Organisation Mondiale de la Santé recrute un(e) Coordinateur(trice) national(e) au Népal.
Objective of the Position:
The road map for neglected tropical diseases 2021-2030 sets out the global targets for 2030 and milestones to prevent, control, eliminate and eradicate a diverse set of 20 NTDs and disease groups aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals 2030. In collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Population and all key stakeholders, the National Coordinator (Kala-azar/NTDs) position is to provide technical assistance to the central and provincial level in Disease Control, Surveillance and Elimination of Kala-azar, NTDs and VBDs to achieve the elimination milestone by 2030.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
Under the overall guidance of the WHO representative and the direct supervision of the Team Lead (CDS), the incumbent will perform the following:
- Work closely with EDCD and WHO and assist in program planning, implementation, and monitoring of progress of control and elimination of Kala-azar, NTDs and other VBDs.
- Provide technical support in developing country roadmap, strategies, guidelines, action plans, and SOP for the national kala-azar elimination program and other VBDs program in line with the WHO roadmap for NTDs (2021-2030) and SEARO strategy on elimination of Visceral Leishmaniasis/VL.
- Develop annual workplans in line with national strategy on elimination of Kala-azar and implement the workplan activity in coordination with EDCD, province and local levels.
- Support provincial and local staff in implementation of active case finding, case-based surveillance of Kala-azar, VL-HIV co-infection management.
- Provide technical support and assist in capacity strengthening at national and sub-national level including planning, active case detection, surveillance and timely response to the outbreak of Kala-azar and other VBDs in coordination with all key stakeholders.
- Support to build and sustain entomological capacity at the national and sub-national levels and contribute to establish Integrated vector surveillance system and integrated vector control mechanism through trainings, workshops and facilitate series of discussions with entomologists and technical experts.
- Monitor the logistics of Kala-azar program at the national and sub-national level and timely inform the updates of inventory of drugs and diagnostics to the EDCD. Ensure uninterrupted supply in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Convene high level advocacy meeting and national review, TWGs and workshops at the national and sub-national level.
- Development and submission of dossiers claiming achievement of elimination of VL as a public health problem, to be validated by WHO
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisors. This includes duty travel or duty-station reassignment on short notice as per the program requirements.
Essential: University degree in Public Health.
Desirable: Post Graduate Training in Public Health, International Health, Epidemiology, or in an allied discipline.
Essential: At least five years’ experience in infectious disease control and surveillance at the national and sub national level.
Desirable: proven experience in NTDs/Kala-azar interventions at least one year.
Use of Language Skills: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken language skills in English and Nepali.
Deadline for applications: 22nd February 2023