Creative Associates International recrute un responsable technique de l’engagement du secteur privé et de l’accès au financement, Niamey, Niger
Private Sector Engagement and Access to Finance Technical Lead (Objective 2 Tech Lead)
Location : Niamey, Niger
Project Summary :
The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
Position Summary :
The Objective 2 technical lead will be the overall lead responsible for the development and integration of all activities under objective 2 (Private sector engagement and access to finance). The technical lead will develop strong cross-sectoral relationships to support the creation of livelihood opportunities and access to finance.
Reporting & Supervision :
The Private Sector Engagement and Access to Finance Tech Lead will Report to the Chief of Party (COP) and will supervise an Access to Finance and Business Coaching Manager.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Responsible for technical and implementation oversight of all activities under Objective 2 ;
- Liaise with private sector partners and cooperative federations to identify areas where youth can be integrated into supply chains, distribution systems, or cooperatives in order to provide sustainable livelihoods ;
- Manage relationships with private sector and cooperative partners to match livelihood opportunities created through partnership with youth beneficiaries, considering geographic location, skill profile, asset profile, and youth goals in order to create mutually beneficial business relationships ;
- Troubleshoot potential issues in integrating Bridge Youth Connect (BYC) youth beneficiaries into private sector partner supply chains and distribution systems ;
- Liaise between financial institutions and private sector partners to support access to finance ;
- Develop a loan guarantee program to support anchor loans to private sector partners ;
- Identify and analyze youth-friendly financial products available through local financial institutions that can be leveraged under BYC ;
- Develop or adapt an assessment tool that can determine when youth are ready to graduate to more advanced financial projects ;
- Provide technical assistance and oversight to Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) activities; and
- Supervise Objective 2 support staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, agribusiness, or related field required ;
- At least eight (8) years of general work experience ;
- At least five (5) years of experience in private sector engagement, agribusiness, financial inclusion, or related activities ;
- Must have four (4) years of direct supervisory experience as well as developing work plans and managing budgets ;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in market systems strengthening, anchor loans, youth-friendly financial services, VSLA design and management, guarantee funds ;
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with private sector partners, cooperative leaders, local governance leaders, youth leaders, and other stakeholder ;
- Deep understanding of the financial landscape in Niger and Burkina Faso ;
- Experience working with donor-funded programming, USAID preferred ; and
- Fluency in spoken and written French required and English preferred.
Desired Skills & Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in related field ; and
- Technical knowledge in youth livelihoods, agriculture, or financial inclusion.