Catholic Relief Services recrute un coordonnateur de la sécurité alimentaire, chef adjoint du parti II, Magaria, Niger
Recruitment Notice, Offer N0 200531
Deputy Chief of Party II – Food Security Coordinator, Niger – (200531)
Job Title : Deputy Chief of Party II- Food Security Coordinator, Niger
Job Location : Magaria, Niger
Reports to : Chief of Party
Availability : Immediate
Type of Contract : CDD (12 months renewable)
About CRS :
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Job Summary :
As Deputy Chief of Party II – Food Security Coordinator (FSTC) you will provide overall management of and have responsibility for an area of the GIRMA project, and act on behalf of the Chief of Party as needed, including global representation to the donor to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in Niger. As a senior leader you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities :
- Manage key aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the GIRMA project. Serve as a point of contact to FFP/USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders, when needed ;
- Manager key functions of the project to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget. Contribute to ensuring coordination between program and operations leads. Contribute to ensuring the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures ;
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Contribute to the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff ;
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans ;
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Help ensure compliance with FFP/USAID grants, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to FFP/USAID ;
- Maintain relationships with key staff of consortium partner organizations. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles ;
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and recommend trainings and technical assistance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions ;
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship ;
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills ;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus ;
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Required Languages – French, English
Travel – 30% field & Niamey travel required.
Supervisory Responsibilities – Yes
Basic Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area ;
- 7 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience ;
- 5 years’ experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Strong knowledge and experience in budget management ;
- Recognized technical experience and qualifications in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc. ;
- Demonstrated experience of successful management, including management of functions of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics ;
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff) :
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Integrity ;
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation ;
- Builds Relationships ;
- Develops Talent ;
- Strategic Mindset ;
- Accountability & Stewardship.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer : This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Primary Location : WARO-NE-Zinder
Job : Chief of Party
Organization : Catholic Relief Services
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Employee Status : Manager
Job Type : Full-time
Job Level : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
How to apply :
Applicants interested in this notice are requested to send their application dossier, comprising a cover letter and an updated curriculum vitae, to : [email protected] with the mention “Offer N ° 200531, Chef de Assistant Project, responsible for the Technical Coordination of the Girma Program ”subject of the email to be sent, no later than May 29, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
CRS is an employer who promotes equal opportunites and strongly encourages women applicants.
NB : Please do not send the same application twice and thank you for renaming your CV sent as follows: CV… forward with your first and last name. Any application for which the email does not include the offer number in the subject will not be taken into account.