Save the Children recrute un chef d’équipe, Niamey, Niger
Save the Children is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five – year USAID-funded Education program in Niger. The program focuses on increasing access to quality education services for all children. The program will improve the availability of educational opportunities, paying attention to flexibility, and crisis responsiveness; local engagement for sustainability; gender equality and safe, inclusive learning environments; and the socio-emotional well-being of both students and teachers – all of which will contribute to Niger’s journey to self-reliance.
This senior leadership position will provide overall project management, leadership, technical and strategic guidance, representation and support to the Activity at the country level. The COP is accountable for Activity quality, compliance with USAID regulations and SC policies and procedures, and financial and operational management. S/he may also provide technical assistance on formal and non-formal education opportunities in crisis- and conflict affected areas to increase learning including appropriate teaching and learning materials. The COP will be Save the Children’s primary point of contact with USAID and all relevant stakeholders. S/he will collaborate with the Ministry of Education and other critical partners to provide high-level support for effective capacity building at the local level and sustainability of the project interventions. The COP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and Save the Children’s regulations. The project must be designed to align closely with the current objectives of the Government of Niger so that activities are complementary and create sustainability.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties) :
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve project objectives ;
- Ensure Activity success through high quality technical leadership and oversight is in place for the program ;
- Lead team to provide proper coordination and guidance among local government, country-wide initiatives, community partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders ;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation ;
- Direct transparent communications with partners, including negotiating scopes of work, addressing requisite revisions in programmatic work, and troubleshooting issues that may arise ;
- Establish compliance with USG regulations, procedures and Save the Children guidelines ;
- Maintain critical oversight of high risk areas, including but not limited to procurement, monitoring and evaluation, and staff security ;
- Represent Save the Children with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local ministries, and the Niger country office team ;
- Establish effective communication and coordination with personnel from the government in order to implement interventions and incorporate country-wide priorities ;
- Actively participate as a member of the Country Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT), contributing to country strategic plans ;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where the project team strives to achieve excellence ;
- Incorporate SC’s vision and values and full adherence to Code of Conduct principles ;
- Closely monitor security dynamics in the project areas and report to the Country Director on significant changes in the security context.
Required Qualifications :
- Master’s Degree in relevant areas of expertise, including education or international development is preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is required ;
- Minimum 10 years’ of professional experience designing, managing and implementing large and complex programs in education or education in emergencies ;
- At least five years of senior program experience working and living in a developing country; ideally within this region/country location ;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations ;
- Prior experience as Chief of Party or Deputy COP preferred ;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations ;
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to work effectively in resource-constrained environments is important ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English ;
- Fluency in spoken and written French required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of gender equity and transformative concepts ;
- Strong experience of working within a complex national program in the context of an emergency intervention or in contexts of conflict or fragile state ;
- Ability and willingness to be very flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes dangerous working circumstances.
What’s In It for You :
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world ;
- A family friendly work environment ;
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams ;
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time ;
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance ;
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions ;
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers ;
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities and with the American Management Association, as well as language learning opportunities
Qualified local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Dispositions finales :
Les candidats intéressés doivent exclusivement envoyer, une seule fois, leurs dossiers (CV + Lettre de motivation) par courrier électronique en faisant mention du poste “ CHIEF OF PARTY ” en objet du mail à notre adresse : [email protected] au plus tard 31 MAI 2020 à 23h00 (GMT+1)
Aucune candidature physique ne sera acceptée.
NB : « Save the Children International dispose d’une politique de défense de l’enfant, dont tout candidat se doit de respecter et défendre. Nous sommes à tolérance « Zero » face à tout cas d’abus sur les enfants ». Save the Children encourage les candidatures féminines et celles des personnes en situation de handicap.