Creative Associates International recrute un chef d’équipe d’intervention en cas d’atténuation des catastrophes, Niamey, Niger
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Summary :
The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
Position Summary :
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Disaster Mitigation Response Team Leader will be responsible for managing the emergency response and recovery operations of the Bridge Youth Connect (BYC) Program in Niger and Burkina Faso. S/he will develop and review quarterly action plans in alignment with BYC’s trigger indicators; review situation developments, synthesize information and ensure the coordination of humanitarian assistance delivery operations in the field. The lead will work in close coordination with other humanitarian actors present as well as with administrative and local authorities. He/She will be accountable for planning operations (activities and budgets), strengthening the teams under his/her responsibility, committing expenditures and applying the general quality protocols for emergency and recovery operations (standards, protocols, reports). S/he will represent Creative Associates in regional and local humanitarian coordination forums.
Reporting & Supervision :
The Disaster Mitigation Response Team Leader will report to the Chief of Party.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Lead the coordination of humanitarian response efforts in the region and throughout clusters; this includes coordinating efforts with existing entities and organizations to ensure a timely and effective response ;
- Ensure the management of humanitarian information ;
- Develop BYC’s trigger indicators and action plan ;
- Review BYC’s trigger indicators and action plan quarterly and update as necessary ;
- Map and build relationships with humanitarian response partners and donors to ensure collaboration and coordination in times of crisis ;
- Support program teams on integrating resilience strategies into activities ;
- Planning emergency and recovery operations (Activities and Budgets) ;
- Ensure the operational management of emergency and recovery activities ;
- Manage the teams in its area of intervention ;
- Supervising and ensuring the smooth running of activities; and
- Ensure reporting, communication and accountability.
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in social sciences, management, conflict studies, international development, or other equivalent degree ;
- At least five (5) years of experience in a similar position under a donor-funded program, preferably with USAID ;
- Technical expertise in resilience within the Sahelian context ;
- Planning and project management skills ;
- Proven experience in managing and coordinating emergency response projects, preferably under a U.S. Government funded project ;
- Experience with USAID’s crisis modifier mechanism ;
- Experience leading emergency response efforts triggered by the shocks and stressors common to the Sahel, including drought, floods, pest infestations, conflict, famine, etc. ;
- Experience with cash transfers using fintech ;
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders a must ;
- Superior ability to manage stress and make clear and calculated decisions during challenging times ;
- Ability to work with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team, and conceptualization skills ;
- Leadership and good oral and written communication skills ;
- Fluency in spoken and written French required, English and local languages preferred; and
- Technical knowledge in youth livelihoods, agriculture, or financial inclusion.