Creative Associates International recrute un manager IT, Niamey, Niger
Economic Growth Division
Position Location : Niamey, Niger
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Summary :
The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
Position Summary :
The IT Manager will be responsible for providing technical support on all IT related issues for the project including but not limited to installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration among other IT related matters.
Reporting & Supervision :
The IT Support Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party of Operations.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures ;
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications ;
- Serve as the office Network Administrator ;
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network ;
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc. ;
- Supervise and follow-up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors ;
- Support and troubleshoot users in the office on their daily work ;
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources ;
- Participate in writing IT office policy ;
- Responsible for IT inventory; monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up ;
- Set up, implement, and maintain hardware firewall ;
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates ;
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data ;
- Assist other staff members in trouble shooting and solving IT related challenges; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field is highly desired; Master’s degree is preferred ;
- At least six (8) years of general work experience ;
- Must have at least four (5) years of specific experience in desktop support, ICT, Information Systems, or a related field ;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred ;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work well as a member of a team; and
- French is required, fluency in English is desired.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.