Consultance : UNICEF recrute un Conseiller international – Développement de contenu et gestion des connaissances au Nigeria.
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
Over the life of the current Country Programme Strategy (CPD) 2023-2027, UNICEF Nigeria seeks to position itself as a knowledge broker that learns, produces and disseminates lessons and emerging best practices in achieving results for children through data, evidence and innovation. Quality knowledge products are crucial to the overall innovation/knowledge management obligations required to meet the demand.
Scope of Work:
Under the overall guidance of the Knowledge Management Specialist, the Consultant will support innovation and knowledge management (KM) processes to identify and co-create knowledge products with the Abuja-based and field office result managers to facilitate learning, decision-making and sharing of lessons and good practices for improved outcomes.
• Identify gaps and opportunities for developing action-oriented and quality knowledge products and targeted knowledge sharing aligned with results across sectors in the country programme.
• Through consultation and co-creation with result managers and KM focal points, develop a regularly updated action plan to address innovation/km documentation and knowledge-sharing needs of sections and field offices in a timely manner.
• In consultation, conceptualise, document, design and disseminate knowledge products, including lessons learned and emerging practices from data, evidence and innovation gathered by sections and field offices, assuring the highest quality as per UNICEF guidelines.
• Measure and track the utilisation of knowledge products from monitoring, evaluation and evidence-generation activities to refine sections and field offices’ dissemination strategy.
• Support to develop knowledge management training content to address capacity gaps and design knowledge-sharing sessions to optimise learning and promote knowledge exchange between field offices and programme sections.
• Support identifying, collecting, reviewing, consolidating and disseminating lessons learned, emerging or best practices from midyear and end-year programme reviews to inform management decision-making and future planning.
Please refer to the attached detailed job description for more information.. TOR KM_PMR_3.docx
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced degree in communications, knowledge management, international development, or other relevant areas
- A minimum of [insert years] of relevant professional experience in
• Drive for results;
• Superior English-language skills.
- At least eight years of relevant senior-level work experience in writing content for lessons learned, innovations, failures, case studies, emerging and proven practices
- Demonstrated experience designing creative and engaging content for capacity-building and facilitating knowledge sharing
- Demonstrated experience in creative graphic and audio-visual designs
- Crafting compelling narrative and structure and incorporating content/ inputs from several authors and sources
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills and attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will be self-starting, strategic and creative, with the ability to work independently and deliver quality results without supervision
- Excellent organisational skills, including project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Manage meetings/ calls with Nigeria, other parts of West Africa and the US time zone
- The consultant will work independently and will be home-based. The interaction between UNICEF Nigeria and the consultant will be by email, other virtual meals or phone calls, as appropriate.
- Availability and willingness to take up an assignment on short notice are essential.
- Experience working with the UN system is an added value.
Deadline: W. Central Africa Standard Time