REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) CONSULTING SERVICES- FIRM SELECTION
NIGERIA ELECTRIFICATION PROJECT
ADB Loan No.: 200200003401
AGTF Loan No.: 5050200000551
Assignment Title : Consultancy Services for Engaging a Firm as Project Owner’s Engineer (POE) for the Energizing Education Programme (EEP) Phase III.
Reference No.: REA-NEP/AfDB/QCBS/05/2019
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) for the cost of Nigeria Electrification Project (NEP). The Rural Electrification Agency, the implementation Agency of the FGN, intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment under the contract for the Consultancy Services of Owner’s Engineer for the Energizing Education Programme (EEP) Phase III, which includes Solar Hybrid PV and Gas-Powered Generation Facilities for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
The POE shall, among others, carry out the following major activities :
- Review and validate all activities completed by Front-End-Engineering-Design (FEED) Consultants ;
- Review and approve final designs of power plants Homer, PVsyst or other accredited design software for the Solar PV plants ;
- Review and approve final distribution network designs for the school ;
- Provide final architectural and structural designs for Workshop and Training centre for renewable energy and recommend the equipment to be outfitted ;
- Evaluate and approve the final Technical Specifications on a site by site basis as will be resulting from the FEED design ;
- Bid Technical Evaluation & Support during contract negotiations. POE to assist during technical evaluation of proposals and provide support to REA during contract negotiations ;
- Support Contract Management in the following key areas ;
- Support the drafting of Legal Agreements: Define the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder (REA, University, EPC/O&M Contractor, Distribution Company, on-campus commercial activities, students, etc.) and support on the drafting of the adequate agreements between them (MOU, contracts, etc.) ;
- Support the definition of the ownership structure: Support the definition of the best ownership structure regarding the scope of the project ;
- Develop a project and operations Financial Model: Define model with the operations and maintenance costs of the plants in each university, identify, and quantify potential sources of revenues to cover the expenses. In addition to the national budget allocations, one potential source of revenues can be the installation of meters for all on-campus commercial activities. This strategy would promote energy efficiency for those activities, and at the same time would provide a financial contribution to the O&M costs of the future plants. The financial model should be run to ensure the financial sustainability of the plants. The financial model should include a base case with three likely project scenarios for the project ;
- Design Billing Strategy: In order to implement a billing strategy to the on-campus commercial activities, it is required to design a tariff structure, the billing process, and the infrastructure and resources needed for the customer interface. This strategy should be linked to the Financial Model ;
- Construction Management, Commissioning, Acceptance Tests and Integration to existing distribution network at the site and Hand Over of passive components of the power plant.
The engagement of the consultant shall be for a period of Three (3) Years.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following web site: www.rea.gov.ng
The Rural Electrification Agency- AfDB Project Management Unit (REA-AfDB PMU) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing these Services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification. Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The shortlisting criteria are :
The Consulting firm for this assignment must be an Engineering firm with the following qualifications and experience :
- Must have valid registration and must have been established for not less than 10 years from the date of the EOI ;
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in utility scale solar PV ;
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working on gas-fired power plants construction ;
- Must have experience as owners engineer in at least 3 Solar PV Hybrid and 2 gas-fired power projects in developing countries ;
- Must have worked as independent consulting firm in at least 3 solar projects larger than 1 MWp and total track record more than 3 MWp ;
- Must have worked as independent consulting firm in at least 2 gas-fired power plant projects larger than 1 MWe and total track record more than 2 MWe ;
- Track record in grid interconnection at 11 KV or more for at least 2 projects ;
- Track record in civil works for at least 2 solar PV Hybrid/gas projects.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s procurement framework for group funded operations, October 2015. www.afdb.org
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1700 hours.
Expressions of interest must be submitted electronically to the Project Management Unit (PMU) by e-mail to [email protected] on or before 11th June 2020.
The Expression of Interest (EOI) to be addressed as follows:
Rural Electrification Agency (REA)AfDB/NEP- Ground & 1st Floor- Right Wing Attn: Mr. Taiwo Olawoyin – Senior Procurement Specialist No. 16, Umaru Dikko Street, Jabi
Tel: +234 803 388 0180
E-mail : [email protected]
Website : www.rea.gov.ng