Appel à manifestation d’intérêt : COOPI recherche un(e) Coordinateur(trice) de programme, Nigeria.
Description of the role
The Programme Coordinator (PC) is the focal point of COOPI’s program at the country level. In consultation with the Head of Mission, he formulates the strategy for the Nigerian mission and ensures its implementation in accordance with COOPI policies, donor expectations, local and international legislation. He plays a major role in supporting the development of COOPI’s programs in the country. He coordinates and evaluates all aspects of the COOPI projects, and facilitates the flow of information from the field to the coordination office.
- Lead the definition and implementation of the country program strategy, with the support of the HoM, Area Coordinator (AC), and Project Managers;
- Maintain an up to date understanding of strategic donors and partners;
- Meet regularly with donors and partners, consolidating the position of COOPI in the country;
- Engage new potential donors, consortiums, and partners, working closely with the HoM and program advisors;
- Capitalize and regularly share business development intelligence with regional and HQ staff;
- Update COOPI’s online planning tools;
- Lead the development of new project proposals (current donors include OCHA, ECHO, EU, WFP);
- Review priorities and evidence from ongoing and closed grants;
- Use M&E data supported by MEAL unit, innovations, and evidence collected from ongoing and past projects, for preparing new project ideas and concepts;
- Ensure linkages and learning among the technical team, coordination, and support units (admin, logistics, HR, procurement).
Project Planning and Implementation
- Monitor project performance (budget and indicator) in collaboration with MEAL and finance department;
- Provide overall managerial supervision and guidance to all projects and supports all project implementation teams, ensuring clear communication and reporting relationships between COOPI and consoritum partners;
- Ensure implementation of quality and time activities in line with donor roles and accountability principles;
- Manage donors visits, liaising with the Head of Mission, and Project Managers;
- Support the review and approve the M&E plans for all projects, according to log frames and indicators;
- Ensure the application of COOPI’s project management procedures, including project planning, kick off project, periodically reviews, and closeout;
- Ensure the application of COOPI’s partnership procedures.
- Collaborate with the regional office to maintain an up to date tracker of reporting deadlines;
- Organize internal reporting and review processes to allow delivery of high-quality reports within the expected deadlines;
- Ensure a final review of all project narrative reports and sectors/cluster monthly reports.
Human Resources Management
- Recruitment in consultation with the Head of Mission, PMs, or Head of Base Capacity-building to support training of the technical project staff;
- Staff performance management: Support HOM, Country Administrator, and Project Managers in ensuring overall staff competence through performance management, coaching, etc. Provide periodic performance evalution of Program staff.
- University degree relevant subject (post graduate degree required);
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in business development, project implementation and coordination in the humanitarian context with International NGOs at country/national level;
- Demonstratable experience in coordinating teams in humanitarian and development contexts;
- Experience in working with different Donors (in particular OCHA, ECHO, EU, WFP);
- Strong managerial and organisational skills;
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian standard and background (ex. Sphere standard);
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong knowledge and use of the English Language;
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different stakeholder;
- Target oriented and problem solving aptitude;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating multidisciplinary teams;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills;
- Advanced IT skills.
- Previous experience in Nigeria is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of the Italian Language is a plus.
Send your Resumé
Closing date : February 06th, 2023