The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED) is looking for an international short-term Team Leader for an impact evaluation in the form of a randomized controlled trial (RCT) on the farmer-herder conflict in Nigeria.
About C4ED :
With a strong focus on quantitative impact evaluations in developing countries, we are one of the leading research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, and nutrition in Germany. Our vision is to improve the lives of the poor and the vulnerable by making development interventions more effective. We are currently conducting projects all over the world and maintain research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, and UNICEF to name just a few of our cooperation partners.
Tasks of Team Leader :
C4ED is looking for a senior Impact Evaluation specialist with more than 12 years of experience in the international development sector to prepare and conduct an impact evaluation in the form of a RCT, including a context analysis and continuous impact monitoring. The candidate is required to have extensive experience working in Africa and substantial experience working in Nigeria. Ideally the candidate has a background in rural development and is familiar working in the context of conflict. Frequent travel to Nigeria will be required for this assignment.
Further tasks include :
- Overall responsibility for the advisory package of the contractor ;
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the project at local and national level ;
- Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners ;
- Project management ;
- Quality data collection ;
- Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality) ;
- Monitoring of results ;
- Regular reporting to the donor.