Appel à manifestation d’intérêt : Recrutement d’un(e) Coordinateur(trice) WASH et Abris au Nigeria.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and its Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding technical unit – the Danish Demining Group (DDG), has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally. Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno and Adamawa states in northeast Nigeria.
2 – Duties and Responsibilities
The role is dedicated to technical coordination, advisory, fundraising and representing DRC in relevant technical fora and working group.
The WASH and Shelter Coordinator is responsible for formulating technical strategy for DRC Nigeria bringing effective, innovative modalities to the sector with emphasis on Value for Money and Going Green. The Coordinator will provide effective, timely technical advisory to the implementation team and to the Country Office Team in line with the technical and country strategy. The role will be responsible for representing DRC in relevant technical fora and working groups on country level and area level, should that be necessary, and supporting the Head of Programme in fundraising efforts for their sector through well-designed strategy, timely updates, advisory and sector engagement.
The WASH and Shelter Coordinator is based in Abuja – but expected to travel frequently to Area Offices and field locations in Borno and Adamawa states and other areas as the geographic presence of DRC Nigeria develops.
1- Technical Coordination and Advisory
- Provide technical advisory to the implementation teams and Country Office team on any stage of programme implementation.
- Lead on creation and roll out of the technical strategy with emphasis on needs of the affected communities, innovation, and environment. Support the Head of Programmes on creating the Country Strategy.
- Provide technical inputs and review to proposals, reports, assessments and evaluations in line with the technical strategy.
- Provide technical capacity building to implementation teams and partners.
- Prepare learning/knowledge products, SoPs and guidelines covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH and Shelter sector development and good-practice implementation.
- Initiate and contribute to the systematic assessment of WASH sector capacity gap analysis, in collaboration with government and other stakeholders, and support the design of initiatives to strengthen capacities systematically.
- Analyze Nigeria WASH and Shelter sector challenges, trends, programmes and projects, with a focus on WASH and shelter outcomes, using frameworks, analysis and tools available in the sector.
2- Representation, Fundraising and Advocacy
- Pro-actively lead on DRC’s WASH and Shelter representation with relevant Sectors (Clusters) and working groups on country level and area level when necessary.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders incl. NGOs, donors and government to promote DRC’s WASH and Shelter programme and support sector’s fundraising efforts.
- Actively seek out new viable partnerships for the WASH and Shelter sectors.
- Actively seek out appropriate funding opportunities for the sector in line with the sector strategy.
- Produce materials for WASH and Shelter programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund-raising.
- Interact with global and regional initiatives and partnerships for WASH and Shelter Sectors.
In addition to the above, the WASH and Shelter Coordinator may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Programme – but always in the scope of this job description.
3 – Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical management and advisory in WASH and Shelter sectors.
- Proven experience with proposal and report writing processes.
- Direct experience with drafting and reviewing of technical SoPs and guidelines, technical papers and analysis with emphasis on innovation and environment.
- Proven experience with representation in Clusters, Working groups and other relevant technical bodies.
- Proven experience with impactfully engaging with stakeholders.
- Experience working in emergency response with INGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context
- Full professional proficiency in English with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil/Water Engineering, Architecture or Construction.
- Master’s degree in above fields will be an added advantage.
- Experience with capacity building for national partners.
- Prior knowledge of Nigeria context.
Deadline : 15 March 2023