Malaria Consortium recrute une chargée de communication, Ouganda
Ug-Com – Communication Officer
|Posted : 18/05/2020 07:45
|Salary : $16,177
|Location : Uganda
|Level : Communications
|Deadline : 29/05/2020 23:59
|Hours : 40.00
|Benefits : National Benefits
|Job Type : Fixed Term
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Communication Officer to join our team in Lira.
This role involves implementation of communications activities which include social mobilisation and social behaviour change communication (SBCC), advocacy, documentation and dissemination of learnings and external communications/ public relations. S/he will implement these activities according to the communications strategies of the country office, the projects’ activity planning and under the guidance of the Communications Specialist and with support from the Regional Coordinator. She/he will also ensure an appropriate level of relevant visibility for the project among stakeholders through engagement with the media, regional events and other relevant forums.
The successful candidate will have :
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in behavior change communications, community mobilization and/ or projects documentation ;
- Degree in communications, marketing or related field, ideally with a public health bias ;
- Experience implementing community activations and implementation of behavior change communications activities and documentation ;
- Experience in story collection and story writing to document projects’ achievements ;
- Knowledge of the community and local government structures ;
- Understanding of basic public health issues in Uganda and the required behavior change associated to them ;
- Skills in the use of different media outlets (photography, film, TV, radio, newspapers, websites, etc.) for communications/ advocacy purposes.
- Knowledge of the Ugandan health sector ;
- Experience in health sector advocacy work ;
- Foundational knowledge of public health approaches.
To view the full job description please click here.
We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding.
Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.