Avis de recrutement : HIAS recherhe un(e) Spécialiste en localisation basé à Panama.
HIAS has an exciting opportunity to be part of its Humanitarian Partnership, Policy & Practice (HPPP) team, which leads the organization’s engagement on a range of policy, programmatic and operational issues. As part of its policy and practice priority areas, HIAS is working to deepen its commitment to localization and seeks to hire a Localization Specialist, LAC to lead HIAS’ localization engagement. They will support the Director, Localization in the design and implementation of a comprehensive, organization-wide localization approach. They will also support country offices in the region in the streamlining of policy and practices in line with HIAS’ strategic priorities, identifying and supporting local partners, and supporting HIAS’ efforts in engaging with internal and external stakeholders. The Localization Specialist, LAC will be the focal point for contextualization of the comprehensive strategy in the LAC region.
Note, this position is based in the LAC region in countries where HIAS has existing operations.
- Supports the implementation of HIAS’ localization approach and the design of a HIAS’ roadmap to localization informed by the organization’s strategic directions and agency-wide localization strategy, with context-specific inputs from each country (including previous and ongoing work on localization).
- Maps out local CSOs and organizations led by affected populations and contributes to the design of country, regional and international partnership and advocacy strategies.
- Develops, socializes and oversees pilot programs of locally-led projects in the region.
- Identifies, analyzes and documents region and country-specific best practices that contribute to programming and advocacy efforts.
- Codifies learnings from HIAS’ localization work and drafts external reports to be shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Supports the streamlining of localization guiding policies and processes for HIAS and funder advocacy work, and collaborates with other functional entities at HIAS to develop the necessary tools to support the implementation of HIAS’ localization approach at regional and country office levels.
- Provides inputs for building buy-in for HIAS’ work in localization across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Supports localization focal persons in the design and implementation of country-level localization workplans.
- Networks with local partners and fosters relationships between HIAS and local partners.
- Engages regularly with HQ and field-based operational and programmatic staff and beneficiaries to maintain a clear understanding of the constraints to localization being realized through the implementation of programs and the delivery of services.
- Works closely with HIAS’ Strategy & Measurement department to manage data collection, analysis and research tools and products, adhering to research ethics, as well as alignment with any local requirements on conducting research.
- Closely works with country offices and HQ to map out localization strategies (of donors and peer organizations) in the LAC region, informing HIAS’ sustainability and exit strategies.
- Closely works with regional leadership, country offices leadership and program teams, and ensures coordination and streamlining of localization best practices within country offices.
- In consultation with HIAS’ regional leadership team, represents HIAS at relevant coordination and partnership forums.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree in a relevant field preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in the humanitarian and/or development sectors, with at least 3 years of direct field experience working with local actors in a humanitarian and/or development context; experience in the humanitarian space within LAC a major asset.
- English and Spanish fluency required; fluency in other languages preferred.
- Excellent understanding of localization and impacts to the delivery of humanitarian and/or development programming, serving as the regional localization subject matter expert and demonstrated understanding of the humanitarian architecture.
- Proven research experience, including conducting interviews and coordinating among stakeholders.
- Experience in developing tools and resources to assist country operations as well as experience in implementing capacity/training programs.
- Able to represent HIAS effectively and efficiently by developing partnerships and relationships with stakeholders in support of HIAS’ localization goal.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills to address high-level, strategic needs while also engaging in routine coordination and administrative duties to implement localization strategies and support regional and country office teams.
- Solid experience in mapping out and brokering local partnerships.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary settings.