Avis de recrutement : Programme des Nations Unies pour l’Environnement (PNUE) recherche un(e) Spécialiste de la communication de CityAdapt.
The objective of this consultancy is to carry out all communication and public awareness initiatives for the CityAdapt Project in Jamaica. To execute all needed actions, the consultant will work closely with all project implementing partners and the national coordinating team with reference to the regional communication strategy. This includes developing and disseminating public awareness materials, providing recommendations for updating the Climate Change Division’s communications strategy to include Urban EBA considerations, updating all local and regional virtual platforms with lessons learned, and providing all other communications support for the national project.
2. Scope of Work
The Communication specialist will perform the following specific activities under the overall supervision of Climate Change Adaptation Coordinator for Latin America and the Caribbean in close collaboration with CityAdapt Project’s National Coordinating Team:
a) Provide Technical advice to prepare and implement project communication strategy to include protocol on project referencing by partners
b) Prepare regular communication reports and updates while maintaining a log of all communication activities
c) Liaise with UNEP’s climate change regional communication team for planning purposes and content production
d) Develop programmes to foster behavioural changes in targeted areas in collaboration with Project partners.
e) Update the stakeholder map as needed to ensure that the stakeholder communication strategy supports effective communication.
f) Work closely with essential stakeholders and project partners to ensure that they are involved in the development, testing, and implementation of communication strategies throughout the project’s life cycle.
g) Develop innovative communication tools and approaches to deliver the highest quality results including social media channels where necessary.
h) Develop appropriate messages for all education and awareness campaigns.
i) Assist project partners with the implementation of activities as needed (eg. Toolkits for schools, project signage).
j) Ensure the development of material such as posters, brochures and fact sheets in support of public education and awareness activities being undertaken by the Project.
k) Conduct awareness-raising campaigns using a variety of media, including print ads, videos, radio public service announcements (PSAs), and television broadcasts, among others.
l) Conduct pre- and post-evaluation for large communication initiatives. Conduct assessment of communications activities to include in each report to aid in the implementation of adaptive management techniques.
m) Ensure timely dissemination of accurate information to different media, project partners, and local and regional stakeholders.
n) Prepare articles and picture stories on project activities, major milestones and outputs for distribution to stakeholders, publication in print and electronic media, and posting on the project website.
o) Plan and carry out all project activities and logistics, such as community meetings, environmental expositions, workshops and symposiums, among others. This involves the management and coordination of project photography and videography.
p) Maintain record of the project’s material for further use
q) Plan events to honour important international and national environmental and urban days.
r) In collaboration with the Communications Specialist of the Climate Change Division, provide recommendations to update the national climate change communications strategy to include urban EbA.
s) Perform any other related duties applicable to such portfolio or assigned by the national coordination team.
Detailed specifications for each assignment will be given to the selected CityAdapt Communication Specialist.
3. Qualifications/special skills
– Bachelor´s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Policy, Culture Management, Public Relations or related field is required;
– Master’s degree in similar field is required.
– At least 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar position is required;
– Experience in consultations, community participation and outreach is required;
– Experience working in the area of environmental conservation is desired;
– Experience managing and curating social media accounts is required;
– Experience developing and implementing communications plans is required;
– Projects Experience would be an asset.
– Familiarity with UN Environment Programme or the UN system in general will be an added advantage.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
– Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English;
– Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
– Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize multiple tasks and have a drive for delivering results by applying technical expertise;
– Ability to persuade and influence target audiences;
– The candidate should be highly motivated and capable of relating and networking with a wide variety of persons from government agencies, NGOs, and community-based organizations;
– Integrity in execution of and commitment to completion of assigned responsibilities; and
– Ability to convey complex concepts and to develop and deliver presentations to audience with various backgrounds in a clear and concise manner;
– Understanding of environmental issues in Jamaica, including key actors and ongoing projects related to natural resources management would be an asset.
– Fluent English is required;
– Confident in Spanish would be an asset.
Application deadline : February 05th, 2023