Appel à candidature : Recrutement d’un Finance Business Partner – Rapports financiers d’entreprise, suivi budgétaire, partenariat d’affaires aux Philippines.
Under the general supervision of the Finance Business Partnering Deputy Head, the Finance Business Partner – Corporate is responsible for providing financial information to budget holders, IRRI Management and all other stakeholders by providing financial information in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with the Institute’s and CGIAR’s guidelines. As the primary individual responsible for the supervision of the financial analysis of self-sustaining units’ funds, the Finance Business Partner – Corporate will provide strategic support to IRRI Management, Cost Centre Leads, and budget holders, in general, by proactively monitoring financial activities and financial reporting specific to self-sustaining units and clearly communicating results of the analyses including financial and business advisories that are critical to the responsible leads’ decision-making purposes.
This position will be based at the IRRI Headquarters, Los Baños, Philippines and may only be filled by permanent citizens of the Philippines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the analysis transactions, preparation of variance analysis, and prepare timely financial reports on the self-sustaining units’ funding status on a timely basis and in accordance with CGIAR guidelines
- Provide exceptional business advisory and support for financial activities of self-sustaining units by monitoring spending and coordinating all movements of budget and providing financial expertise in budget profiling, budget revisions and preparation of best estimates; anticipating the self-sustaining units’ needs and identifying improvements and new resources to support the team; and developing materials and training activities to provide stakeholders with enhanced understanding of finance policies, guidelines, procedures and programs
- Collaborate with resource partners such as other Financial Teams, Legal Services, Portfolio Management Office, Human Resources, IRRI Education, Communication, and Operations to provide optimal customer service and ensure grants adhere to institutional financial compliance and reporting requirements
- Coordinate and collaborate with self-sustaining budget owners regarding the overall financial management of the budgets under their leadership and/or responsibility, and proactively identify issues pertaining to their funds and recommend timely solutions
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Finance Teams, Legal Services, Portfolio Management Office and other offices in reviewing contracts to ensure that all provisions are compliant to Institute policies and procedures, and feasible within the context of the Institute’s operations
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors during project audit and ensure prompt response to queries for a smooth and timely audit field work
- Coordinate and collaborate with the MIS team, through the Finance Transformation Team, for system improvement and functionality testing
- Work collaboratively with other Finance Teams during month-end and year-end closing of books to ensure that all legitimate transactions are properly recorded and that all financial reports are accurately prepared and submitted to stakeholders and donors on time
- Develop and deliver training programs to stakeholders for enhanced understanding of grants requirements and Institute policies and procedures from a financial perspective
- Review and analyze transactions for the timely preparation and submission of quality financial reports to self-sustaining units, as applicable
- Conduct regular discussions with self-sustaining units to provide support in the financial management aspect of the projects/tasks under their leadership/responsibility
- Closely monitor and analyze self-sustaining units budgets spending and recovery (as applicable) patterns and communicating the same to budget owners for a more reliable budget profiling
- Maintain and update budget loading in the financial system for budget owner’s use and ensure accuracy in the Statement of Budget and Expenditure reports
- Proactively and closely monitor, reconcile, validate and analyze financial transactions and reports
- Conduct periodic trainings for stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, with at least 2 years working experience in accounting, auditing, financial management, budgeting, or related field.
- Has extensive knowledge of accounting systems, bookkeeping and financial reporting
- Must be highly analytical and stakeholder service-focused with exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally, positively, and effectively with a variety of individuals integral to the position
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp the implications of the financial terms and conditions for each managed project
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in using MS Office and has relevant experience in computerized financial systems and flexibility to adapt a new software applications.
Close on 9th June 2023