Are you looking for an opportunity to become part of a professional team of humanitarian and mine action experts in one of the world’s most challenging context? As DanChurchAid’s (DCA) new Logistics and Security Manager, your main responsibility will be the overall management and coordination of security, procurement and logistics requirements in the DR Congo programme, in compliance with DCA security risk management policy and procurement and logistics manuals. You will be responsible for setting up, improving and maintaining all necessary systems and processes, as well as training and capacity building national staff. The Logistics and Security Manager is part of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the Country Director.
DCA DR Congo Country Programme :
DCA aims to protect vulnerable communities in DR Congo and contributes to efforts to improve stability, by addressing and mitigating the consequences of conflict and displacement. We clear explosive remnants of war, and assist communities affected by conflict and displacement by addressing protection needs and ensuring access to improved educational opportunities.
Main responsibilities :
Logistics and Procurement :
- Implement DCA’s logistics and procurement systems and procedures throughout the programme in accordance with the DCA Procurement and Logistics Manual ;
- Ensure that transport, vehicle and asset management, procurement and other logistical processes take place in compliance with DCA and donor requirements ;
- Establish and maintain Long Term Agreements with suppliers ;
- Ensure that systems are in place to support the day-to-day running of the teams in the field ;
- Personnel management of the logistics team at country office ;
- Training, development and internal “audits” of logistics teams in all offices ;
- Training of line managers with logistical responsibilities ;
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in procedures and trainings ;
- Ensure that procurement and logistics documentation is maintained according to DCA standards in all offices ;
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers.
- Regular analysis and reports
- Responsible for the implementation of the security risk management policy of DCA in DRC ;
- Support, training, control and development of security staff in all offices ;
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) according to DCAs Global Minimum Security Standards, including audits ;
- Lead and monitor the implementation and compliance of DCA security risk management policy, and reduce risks by seeking creative solutions for mitigation to (in order of priority): DCA staff, programmes, organization, beneficiaries and assets ;
- Undertake regularly missions in the field and provide technical support and security advice to the Area Managers (AM) and field coordinators (FC) ;
- Identify security conditions that are specific to the geographical areas where DCA intervenes and security factors that may impede access to the beneficiaries of DCA and propose solutions to the CD for decision ;
- Ensure that solutions respect both the rules and principles of the Security risk management policy of DCA, as well as the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence that are guiding the interventions of DCA for accessing beneficiaries ;
- Ensuring that DCA staff adheres to DCA´s security rules and guidelines ;
- Cooperate with United Nations and other relevant/appropriate agencies for updates on security issues.
Ensure timely and transparent reporting on security issues to staff, SMT and DCA HQ.
Experience / Training :
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from working as a Logistics and Security manager in a humanitarian context ;
- Knowledge of the context in DR Congo (particularly East) ;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts ;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities ;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile ;
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal ;
- Understanding of Swahili is a plus ;
- Valid driver’s license ;
- Good sense of humor.
- A one-year renewable contract starting as soon as possible ;
- Non-family posting based in Bukavu and Goma with 50% in-country travel ;
- A competitive salary package to be negotiated based on experience level ;
- Insurance as per industry standards ;
- An opportunity to make a difference addressing humanitarian needs in a challenging environment.
Terms and conditions are according to Handbook for DCA expatriate personnel, Non-Family postings. This position is subject to funding and the monthly package (including pension and hardship allowance) is 45,785 DKK.
How to apply :
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only applications consisting as a minimum of a motivation letter and a CV will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that only applications submitted through our recruitment system will be considered: