About the role :
This is a 12 months replacement role based in Bangui, CAR with a salary of Grade 3 €36,527 – €40,586.
You will report to the Programme Director (PD). You work closely with the Programme Support Officer (PSO), Area Coordinators, and Programme Managers for health and nutrition, WASH, food security, social cohesion and gender equality as well as the monitoring and evaluation team. The role will include frequent travel to the programme areas.
We would like you to start in January 2020.
Your purpose :
Your will oversee the grants development and management processes, working in collaboration with the area coordinators and programme managers to develop concept notes and proposals, to produce high quality donor reporting and ensure strong compliance with donor requirements. You will support the development of funding proposals, verifying that they are in line with donor and call guidelines. You will support the development of donor intelligence. Finally, together with the PD, you will ensure that the goals of the Country Strategic Plan, and cross-cutting issues including gender, conflict sensitivity, protection and accountability, are taken into account in proposals.
You will be responsible for :
Programme Development :
- Under the guidance of the PD, carry out research on potential donors in order to understand their mission, policies, strategies, procedures and priorities including preparation/updating of a funding strategy ;
- Monitor the country programme’s funding pipeline, ensuring that new proposals target key gaps and funding needs to the greatest extent possible ;
- Provide recommendations on necessary surveys and assessments required to support the development of beneficiary centred, relevant, high quality proposals ;
- Serve as the lead writer of concept notes and proposals, including coordinating closely with programme teams, PSO, finance and operational staff, as well as headquarters and technical advisors to facilitate input. This includes developing realistic projects budgets with the support of the concerned staff ;
- Ensure project proposals and concept notes are submitted by agreed deadlines ;
- Prepare the programme portion of donor budgets in collaboration with PMs, ACs, BM and the CFM ;
- Liaise with CFM and Regional Accountant to ensure financial compliance of all grants.
Grants management :
- Take responsibility for grant compliance for all of CAR’s programmes ;
- Ensure teams are aware of key donor compliance issues by organizing grant start up workshops, sharing audit information, organization of trainings on donors’ procedures and requirements, etc. ;
- Develop and/or maintain, with the support of the PSO, project management tools such as funding and grant trackers, reporting templates and calendars; and ensure the team is aware of these timelines ;
- Manage the reporting schedule ensuring timely and accurate reporting. This will include editing reports and ensuring they are submitted in the correct formats ;
- Liaise with the Desk Officer and Country Finance Manager to file the contract documents for grants – both active and archived ;
- Ensure timely communication by the country programme with the donors on any anticipated or unanticipated changes during the lifetime of a project ;
- Verify that financial and narrative reports are coherent and adhere to donor and Concern standards before submission ;
- Liaise between finance and programme staff to ensure that all deliverables are completed within the grant period and that all budget revisions are carried out in line with donor regulations ;
- Consult HQ Compliance Department to verify information and request advice, when necessary.
Funding strategy implementation :
Contribute to the country fundraising strategy through :
- Providing and regularly updating an analysis of the current donor and stakeholder profile in country: their priorities for investment, potential calls ;
- Provide information to the HQ based Desk Officer and fundraising teams in Dublin, London and New York to identify opportunities for funding and information dissemination ;
- Assist with donor liaison through the oversight of the production of documentation and success stories of current programmes that would be of interest to them/linked to their strategy ;
- Coordinate with the Desk Officer on funding opportunities that would fit with the country programme ;
- Represent Concern at relevant cluster and government coordination meetings, alternately with the PSO and the PD ;
- Be aware of and engage in networking opportunities to learn about/engage with new opportunities/priorities for the country, relevant to INGO work.
Reporting and quality management :
- Responsible for the coordination of donor reports and ensuring that reports are of high quality, meet all internal and external reporting requirements and are submitted for review on time ;
- Contribute to the drafting of the annual programme and government reports as per the dates agreed with Programme Director/Dublin.
Knowledge and information management :
- Ensure version control of documents and filing of final reports and proposals, learning documents, survey reports and data, using the shared data space in country and upcoming Grants Management System ;
- Support any research initiatives planned.
Accountability : Support the roll-out of CHS in all programmes/with partners (promote accountability and ensure compliance with the requirements CHS).
Your skills and experience will include :
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required :
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French ;
- Educated to Degree level in Development or a related discipline ;
- At least two years of overseas experience with an NGO, UN agency or donor ;
- At least two year of experience in grants management and compliance ;
- Experience managing personal performance ;
- Demonstrated success in proposal development for a range of donors ;
- Experience of working in a high pressured, results focused and dynamic environment ;
- Good organisational and planning skills/experience ;
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft office ;
- Previous experience of programme development, proposal design and/or project cycle management ;
- Experience of developing M&E tools, logframes, M&E plans and of conducting M&E activities ;
- Proven knowledge of gender issues.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required :
- Specific experience with the EU/ECHO, OFDA, DFID and/or Irish Aid would be an advantage ;
- Attendance of training courses in quality standards such as SPHERE, HAP, Red Cross Code of Conduct, CHS etc. ;
- Experience working in an insecure and volatile environment.
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements :
- Confident strong communicator and networker ;
- Ability to work in an insecure environment ;
- Very high attention to detail is essential ;
- Cultural and political sensitivity ;
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to a fluid situation ;
- Willingness to learn ;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills ;
- Able to take initiative and work independently ;
- Excellent writing skills ;
- Willing to travel frequently.
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 3 pages in length and can be in English or in French.
Les candidatures en français sont les bienvenues