UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a sustainable future!
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities :
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials ;
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle ;
- Documentation of vehicle-related information.
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials : Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required ;
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle : Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information : Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
Impact of Results :
The efficiency and efficacy of the support provided by the Driver ensures the safe and timely transportation of staff, officials and visitors to work assignments and the efficient maintenance of vehicles owned/rented by the office, thus supporting the efficient running of the office which in turn strengthens UNICEF’s capacity in delivering programmes for the most vulnerable women and children in that particular country.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Secondary Education ; a valid driver’s license (preferably classes A and B) and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations ;
- Two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record ;
- Fluency in written and verbal English langauege.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Analyzing (I) ;
- Learning and Researching (I) ;
- Planning and Organizing (I) ;
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I).
View our competency framework at : Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.