UNICEF recrute un spécialiste en nutrition, CNO, numéro de poste : 00008873, Freetown, Sierra Leone
Job no : 531814
Work type : Fixed Term Appointment
Level : NO-3
Location : Sierra Leone
Categories : Nutrition
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a chance
How can you make a difference?
Major responsibilities include :
- Support program/project development and planning.
- Provide program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Ensures technical and operational support to program implementation
- Build networks and partnerships.
- Applies Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
# 8873_Nutrition specialist, NOC_JD.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health related science field is required ;
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research or planning and management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child nutrition, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset ;
- Familiarity with emergency is considered an asset ;
- Fluency in English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships ;
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness ;
- Drive to achieve results for impact ;
- Innovates and embraces change ;
- Manages ambiguity and complexity ;
- Thinks and acts strategically ;
- Works collaboratively with others ;
- Nurtures, leads and manages people.
View our competency framework at : Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Applications close : 04 Jun 2020 11:55 PM Greenwich Standard Time.