Starting date : August 15th. 2020
Duration : 6 months (renewable and subject to funding)
Base : Raja, Western Bahr-El-Ghazal
About the mission :
SI has started to implement its humanitarian response in South Sudan in 2006. Its long lasting presence has contributed to build a wealth of experience in WASH and FSL assessments, implementation and accountability to beneficiaries. In December 2013, SI became a key WASH actor for IDPs in the PoC of Malakal and implemented construction and maintenance of sanitation facilities, waste management and hygiene promotion activities. Following the displacement from Wau Shilluk, SI is also present in Aburoc since 2017 and was one of the very first actors on the ground to implement WaSH activities, and is currently the WaSH site focal point for the cluster.
SI has also implemented food security activities in South Sudan; piloting large-scale unconditional cash transfers amongst IDPs and host communities in Upper Nile State, as well as seeds distribution in Malakal.
In 2017, SI opened a base in Raja, Western Bahr el Ghazal, where SI has been implementing WASH in Health as well as Food Security and Livelihoods programs in partnership with ALIMA, notably under OFDA, GIZ and SSHF grants. Thanks to these interventions, SI has managed to reach some of the remote locations in Raja county such as Timsaha and Boro Medina, giving a good experience in dealing with the different actors in the area.
Furthermore, since October 2018, SI is implementing a WaSH response for Ebola and Cholera preparedness in Nimule and Juba, especially through IPC WASH and WaSH in Health interventions.
Finally, SI is implementing RRM programs since 2012 in many different settings with various interventions, allowing SI to develop deep knowledge and understanding of the different challenges South Sudan is facing.
The 2020 strategy is to continue along the same angles and it is oriented towards the following 2 axes :
- Ensure access to emergency WaSH and shelter services for vulnerable and acutely vulnerable populations (EP&R team: all around the country) ;
- Provide the conflict-affected populations of South Sudan with durable and sustainable WASH and FSL support (Raja, Upper Nile, Nyirol county).
The overall budget of the South Sudan mission is circa 2 million USD.
SI coordination is located in Juba and there are 3 operational bases. In total, there are currently 8 expats in the all missions :
- Coordination: currently 5 persons in the coordination team and 2 are under recruitment ;
- Raja team: currently 2 expats, 1 FC and 1 log/admin. PM for the new funding is under recruitment ;
- Fashoda: currently 1 expat (1 WASH PM). Log/admin is under recruitment.
In Raja base, the financial volume is around 1 million and 2 project are currently on going :
- Start fund response on COVID 19 prevention ending end of May 2020 ;
- CIAA FSL project aiming to reduce morbidity and mortality due to malnutrition in Raja County; ending in December 2020.
About the job :
The logistician-administrator is in charge of the administrative, financial, HR and logistics management of the Raja base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures.
He/she organizes logistics and administrative support to the programs, oversees the implementation of the HR policies and supports the Field Coordinator with the security management from an operational perspective. He /She supports, monitors and trains the members of his administrative and logistics team. He /She ensure maintenance and logistic at base level and is in charge of fleet; premises and assets
Current main priorities for the log-admin are the procurement of the program material in a context of limited markets to ensure timely delivery of the assistance, to provide capacity building to the national team. As well as ensuring the supply of the material to the remote areas of project implementation.
Finance management : He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program team:
- Budgetary / financial monitoring ;
- Cash-flow/bookkeeping ;
- Administrative management of personnel ;
- Training of admin.
Logistics : The Logistics Officer will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned base and organize logistics support for proper and timely programs implementation.
- Supply Management ;
- Vehicle Fleet Management ;
- Equipment/Telecommunications Management ;
- Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment ;
- Stock Management ;
- Security Management.
Team management :
- Human Resource Management ;
- Analyse and quantify logistics personnel needs ;
- Recruit, train and supervise the logistics team ;
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the logistics team ;
- Organize formal team meetings at regular intervals.
Administrative management of the mission :
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base ;
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises ;
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts.
Your profile :
- Previous experience with an INGO on a logistics and finance role is required ;
- Familiarity with main donor’s guidelines and procedures (logs/finance) ;
- Capacity to actively coordinate and follow up on purchase and logistic/transportation arrangements with the logistics department at capital level and with external actors as needed ;
- Analytical skills and solution-oriented ;
- Good communication and Management skills ;
- Experience in complex emergency ;
- Flexibility and adaptive capacity ;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions and to handle stress ;
- High motivation and commitment.
Si will offer you :
- A salaried position : starting from 1980 euros gross per month depending on seniority and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD ;
- SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment ;
- Living conditions in Raja are basic even though constant improvement is seeking. Electricity and Internet is available through generator and solar power (24/7). Local phone network available. Local food available, Juba supply-dependent for quality/variety food. Tight security protocol ;
- R&R : 7 working days every 3 months, with 850 USD allowance for each R&R. In addition, a compensation day per month worked is granted ;
- Social and medical cover : Expatriates benefit from an insurance package, which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Comment postuler :
If you are committed, dedicated, solutions-oriented and willing to contribute to our programs in South Sudan, we would be happy to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your understanding.
For further information about Solidarités International, please check our website : http://www.solidarites.org/en/