Technical Field Managers, South Sudan (Subject to Funding) – start date of circa 1 October 2020.
The starting salary package for this position is £66,004 GBP (approx. $88,100 USD) including all allowances.
We are currently planning for restart and development in the South Sudan programme and therefore looking for expressions of interest at this point in the above position.
About the South Sudan programme :
South Sudan is one of the youngest, poorest and least developed countries world-wide. The 2013 outbreak of hostilities has led to thousands of people being killed or wounded, and hundreds of thousands of people being displaced by the violence. MAG has been working in South Sudan since 2004, to clear landmines/unexploded ordnance and deliver mine risk education to at-risk populations.
About the role :
Our Technical Field Managers are the core of our work and actively manage and lead our teams of national staff to safely implement our life saving mine clearance and EOD projects. They must be willing to lead from the front, responsible for the day-to-day management of our technical teams and being involved in all aspects of MAG’s lifesaving work, including administration, team cashbooks, procurement of equipment, representation of MAG to local communities and Government, operational planning and reporting. Roles are in remote areas, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
About you :
You must be qualified to EOD 3 and experienced in demining / EOD / Mechanical operations, with previous experience working for a similar organisation, either in the humanitarian or commercial sector. Previous experience of working in South Sudan would be beneficial. You must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world, setting a good example of working with South Sudanese government, military and staff as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities which need it most.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits :
- Salary : The starting salary package for this position is £66,004 GBP (approx. $88,100 USD) per annum including all allowances, and this increases with service ;
- Accommodation : MAG will provide accommodation in-country ;
- Leave : We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You’ll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, plus an additional 10 days as South Sudan is categorized as a ‘Hardship’ location ;
- Flights : MAG provides three international flights home per year ;
- Insurance : All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
Please note that as part of MAG’s commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
MAG is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion. If you think you would be suited to one of our roles we would welcome your application regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential.