Welthungerhilfe recherche un chef de projet – Résilience des réfugiés et des communautés, Kassala, Soudan
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global community to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Project – Refugee and Community Resilience*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kassala, Sudan.
As Head of Project you will be responsible for the successful implementation of the BMZ-funded project for strengthening livelihoods and peaceful coexistence among refugees and host communities by improving agricultural livelihoods, social infrastructure and food and nutrition security, in compliance with Welthungerhilfe (WHH) and donor requirements. You will manage team and partners with attention to adherence to quality standards, Code of Conduct, and professional capacity development and assist or lead in development of new programming. Furthermore, you will represent WHH and the programme with the donor, state level authorities, humanitarian agencies, coordination fora, the local communities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the quality of the livelihoods, food security, and WASH components as well as peaceful coexistence interventions at community level
- Manage the project team, maintaining high quality standards and ensuring professionalism and ethical conduct at all times
- Identify and pursue relevant capacity development opportunities for project and partner staff members
- Oversee project M&E in coordination with the WHH Sudan MEAL coordinator and M&E team at the field office, ensuring timely collection of relevant data to guide implementation and learning
- Manage the project budget and guide local partners with their budget management to ensure that the project is implemented according to the rules and standards of donors and WHH
- Produce accurate and high-quality regular reports for internal and donor audiences
- Identify funding opportunities and develop successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies (in collaboration with Head of Programmes and Head of Finance in Country Office)
- Establish good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in-country /regionally for emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in coordination with the Country Office
- A university or polytechnic degree in agriculture, rural development or other related disciplines with specific experience in integrated project management
- A minimum of 5 years of senior management experience in livelihood and WASH projects in emergency and development contexts with refugee and host communities
- Proven experience working in partnership with civil society organizations and in stakeholder management
- Ability to lead teams in a challenging and fragile security environment
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written English; Arabic language skills are an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 20, 2022. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
DATE LIMITE : 20/03/2022.
PLUS DE DÉTAILS