Avis de recrutement : Save the Children International recrute un(e) Responsable des finances, budget et rapports, Soudan.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overall budget monitoring, accepted accounting practices, reporting and review of transactions for accuracy and compliance with internal polices and donor regulations. The Finance Manager works with the program operation teams, and the finance teams at field and Khartoum levels for ensuring that the program operation meets the SCI/donor requirements including the delivery of budget planning, monitoring, and reporting in a timely and quality manner.
On a day-to-day basis the finance Manager will interphase with supply chain and program operation teams to deliver its role such as financial data processing in Agresso systems, review of transactions and financial reports. The finance Manager will report the Finance Director with a dotted line management to Humanitarian Director.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning and Budgeting
Overall management / administration of the financial resources including.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks, especially financial, related to delivering the Humanitarian programme. Develop mitigation plans at proposal stage.
- Manage financial aspects of budget development for new proposals if required.
- Support budget holders to produce quality budgeting information including advice/training on budget management and phasing.
- Prepare management reports for budget holders to monitor budgets on a regular and timely basis.
- Ensure field offices receive adequate support to operate efficient accounting systems, during emergency response.
- Prepare documents for audit and donor monitoring visits and maintains key copies of finance records and documents in an orderly and secure manner.
- In consultation with Humanitarian Director, preparation, and submit Humanitarian master budget to the CO.
- Build and maintain relationships with the local finance representatives of partner organizations.
Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Control
- Work with program/project managers at all levels to ensure solid fiscal planning of budget in line with the program detail implementation plan.
- Works with the Program’s Program manager and Program/Project Managers to anticipate delays and variations in spending and initiate corrective actions.
- Maintain an adequate cash flow to ensure that there is sufficient cash to cover the program activities and plans at field level.
- Support the budget holders in preparing monthly cash forecast in a timely manner.
- Work with the budget holders to prepare any budget revisions and projections and respond to any questions.
- Take appropriate steps to minimise the risk of fraud or theft.
- Carry out inductions and staff trainings for finance procedures, donor requirements etc.
- Ensure that regular monitoring visits are conducted to the program’s field offices, at least once per quarter to monitor compliance with financial procedures, review activity progress and assist managers in identifying the financial implications of changes in proposed activities and revising budget lines as required.
- Provide inputs in donor financial reports and proposal budgets;
- Ensure all donor requirements (financial and reporting) are complied with and that quality proposals and financial reports are prepared and submitted on time;
- Advise on how to best to utilize a programme’s funding portfolio;
- Work with budget holders to estimate funds forecast on a timely basis to ensure resources are in place for carrying project activities.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same;
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others;
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters;
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc degree or Advanced Degree or chartered qualification in Accountancy or other related field
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in grant compliance, auditing and financial management
- Knowledge and experience using various financial packages including SUN and Agresso systems.
- Significant experience in financial monitoring, budgetary systems, and controls with strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills while working in a dynamic, team setting in a challenging environment.
- Willingness to travel extensively to remote and harsh locations to monitor financial processes and provide capacity building for staff.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrable track record in effective team membership and communications. The post-holder is a member of a multi-disciplinary team and will be required to provide appropriate and timely input to other technical sectors in order to achieve broader project objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work across departments, with demonstrated experience in integrated project activities.
Closing date: February 08th, 2023