Avis d’appel à candidature : ZOA recherche un(e) Directeur(trice) des opérations au Soudan.
The Director of Operations is responsible for effective and efficient in country management and control of all operational processes in the country organization, and managing the Finance and Operations team at Country Office level. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics, Administration, IT and Security. The Director of Operations is member of the Country Management Team.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Contributing to the Country strategy and annual plan, with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Report monthly and quarterly financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Preparing and processing the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets;
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and programme organisation level;
- Advise and support the Country Director, Director of Programmes and Program Managers in the development of budgets of funding proposals;
- Managing financial audits and responding to audit reports.
- Translating ZOA’s worldwide HR policies and procedures into the local cultural setting and the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supervising staff recruitment processes;
- Supervision of annual and mid-year staff evaluations;
- Ensuring that Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements.
- Ensuring gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Implementation of IT and logistic policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework.
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Maintenance of Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensure compliance;
- Monitoring of and support on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
- Supporting the Country Director to enforce adherence to the security rules and instructions as described in the ZOA security handbook and the local security plan;
- Supporting the Country Director that Local Security Plans are being developed and timely reviewed by the Programme Managers.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Academic degree in Finance (e.g. MBA) and knowledge of HR;
- Fluency in English, (basic) understanding of Arabic would be beneficial;
- Experience in general management;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in recovery or development settings in (fragile) developing countries.
- Result-oriented and hands-on approach;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Flexible conduct.
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Enjoys and has patience for capacity building of local staff;
- Leading the team by example;
- Advisory attitude;
- Effectiveand appropriate communication.
- Regular field visits/work and travels are required;
- This is a non-family position.
closing date : 19th February 2023